Saro Manoukian, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology
Saro Manoukian, M.D.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Other Languages Spoken
Saro Manoukian, M.D. has joined City of Hope as an assistant clinical professor in the Department of Diagnostic Radiology.
Dr. Manoukian received his undergraduate degree, with honors, in Molecular and Cell Biology from the University of California, Berkeley, followed by a master’s degree in Physiology and Biophysics from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. He pursued his doctorate degree at New York Medical College, followed by an internship in Internal Medicine at Alameda County Medical Center in Oakland, California. His distinguished post graduate education continued with a residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Saint Vincent Hospital in Worcester, Massachusetts, where he was subsequently awarded the chief resident position. Afterwards, he went on to UCLA Medical Center to serve as clinical instructor while he concurrently pursued a fellowship in Abdominal Imaging/Cross-Sectional IR.
With specialty in radiology, Dr. Manoukian has held positions as staff radiologist at Lakewood Regional Medical Center, Olympia Medical Center and at Preferred Diagnostic Imaging. He also holds society memberships with American College of Radiology, American Roentgen Ray Society and Radiological Society of North America.
- 2016-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2015-2016, Associate Staff Radiologist, Lakewood Regional Medical Center, Lakewood, CA
- 2015-2016, Associate Staff Radiologist, Olympia Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 2015-2016, Associate Staff Radiologist, Preferred Diagnostic Imaging, Bellflower, CA
- 2014-2015, Clinical Instructor, UCLA Medical Center, Department of Radiology, Abdominal Imaging, Los Angeles, CA
- 2009, M.D., New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
- 2005, M.S. Physiology & Biophysics, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- 2003, B.A., Molecular & Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- 2014-2015, Abdominal Imaging / Cross-Sectional IR, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 2013-2014, Chief Resident, Department of Radiology, Saint Vincent Hospital, Worcester, MA
- 2010-2014, Diagnostic Radiology, Saint Vincent Hospital, Worcester, MA
- 2009-2010, Internal Medicine, Alameda County Medical Center, Oakland, CA
- Manoukian SB, Kowal DJ. Comprehensive imaging manifestations of tuberous sclerosis. American Journal of Roentgenology 2015. 204(5):933-43.
- Manoukian SB, Shaheen NH, Kowal DJ. Gynecologic adenomyosis and endometriosis: key imaging findings, mimics, and complications. Contemporary Diagnostic Radiology 2015. 38(7):1-6.
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America