Marc I. Botnick, M.D.
- Radiation Oncology
Areas of Expertise
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal and Gynecological tumors
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Permanent Seed Prostate Implants
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy Implants for Prostate, Gynecologic and Breast Malignancies
With a professional career that spans almost 20 years, Marc I. Botnick is a board-certified radiation oncologist with extensive experience managing all cancer types but specifically focused on prostate, breast, gastrointestinal, gynecologic, and head and neck malignancies. Dr. Botnick earned an undergraduate degree with honors from the University of Pennsylvania and completed his radiation oncology residency training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York where he dedicated an entire year toward advanced brachytherapy training.
Since bringing his medical practice to the San Fernando Valley in 2000, he has worked collaboratively with surgeons and medical oncologists from both the local community and regional academic centers. Dr. Botnick has developed broad clinical expertise in the use of image-guided/intensity modulated radiation therapy. He has unique expertise in the use of permanent seed and high dose rate brachytherapy for prostate and gynecologic cancers, having performed over 2,000 of these procedures. He performs implants at several facilities in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles Westside.
- 2018 - present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Radiology, Radiation Oncologist, City of Hope, Sherman Oaks, CA
- 2007 - 2018, Medical Director, Sherman Oaks Radiation Therapy Center, Sherman Oaks, CA
- 2000 - 2007, Radiation Oncologist, Valley Radiotherapy Associates at St. Joseph Medical Center, Burbank, CA
- 2004 - 2007, Radiation Oncologist, Valley Radiation Oncology Center, Tarzana, CA
- 2000 - 2007, Radiation Oncologist, St. Joseph Medical Center, Burbank, CA
- 1995, M.D., Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- 1989, B.A., Biology, Cum Laude Honors, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- 1999-2000, Advanced Brachytherapy Training, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- 1998-1999, Chief Resident, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- 1996-1998, Resident, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- 1995-1996, Intern, Internal Medicine, Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Upland, PA