Niki Tank Patel, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research
- Medical Oncologist
Niki Tank Patel, M.D.
- Medical Oncology
- Breast Oncology
Niki Tank Patel, M.D., is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, specializing in breast oncology. Dr. Tank Patel is no stranger to City of Hope, as she most recently completed her hematology oncology fellowship here.
Dr. Tank Patel graduated magna cum laude from Occidental College, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in biology. Later, she earned a medical doctorate from George Washington University School of Medicine. While a medical student, she was also a nationally-ranked member of the National Racquetball Association. She completed her internship and residency training in internal medicine at Cedars Sinai Medical Center, where she served as chief resident.
In June 2014, while a City of Hope fellow, Dr. Tank Patel was invited to speak about alternative therapies for the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer. In February 2015 – along with Principal Investigator Amrita Krishnan, M.D., F.A.C.P., Dr. Tank Patel was awarded a Center for International Blood & Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR) Grant for “Evaluating Survival Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma Patients After Tandem Auto-SCT vs. Auto/Allo-SCT.”
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Tank Patel has actively served the global community, having spent the past 12 years volunteering with Niramaya Health Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides free basic healthcare to underprivileged children in Mumbai, India.
- 2016 - present, Medical Oncologist, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2004 - present, volunteer, Niramaya Health Foundation, Mumbai, India.
- 2005 - 2009, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C., M.D.
- 2001 - 2004, Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA, B.A., Biology, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- 2013 - 2016, Fellow, Hematology and Oncology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA
- 2012 - 2013, Chief Medical Resident, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 2009 - 2012, Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center
1.) Prognostic implications of genetic aberrations in acute myelogenous leukemia with normal cytogenetics. Am J Hematology, Jan 2012;87(1):69-77.