Rahul Jandial, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cancers of the Brain, Spine and Spinal Cord
- Neurosciences and Cancer
- Brain Metastasis (cancers that spread to the brain)
- Brain Microenvironment and Metastatic Tumors Cells
"In a time with so much uncertainty ... my skill and compassion is something you can rely on."
Neurosurgeon & Scientist, Rahul Jandial, M.D., Ph.D., has been with City of Hope since 2009 and is an associate professor.
As a surgeon, Dr. Jandial provides complex surgical treatment to patients with cancer. As a scientist, his laboratory investigates the biology of cancer metastasis (spread) to the brain. He has authored 10 books and over 100 academic articles on surgery, neuroscience and cancer biology.
- 2009 - present, Associate Professor, Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA.
- 2009 - present, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- 2008 - 2011, Adjunct Assistant Professor, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA
- 2008, Clinical Instructor, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- 2006 - 2008, Instructor, Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Brain Tumors
- Breast Cancer
- Spine Tumors
- 2008, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA., Doctor of Philosophy
- 2000, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA. Doctor of Medicine
- 1995, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA., B.A., Molecular and Cell Biology, with Honors
- 2000 - 2006, University of California, San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA. Resident Neurosurgeon, Division of Neurological Surgery.
- 2000 - 2001, University of California at San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA. Surgery Internship.
- Board Certified by American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- 2011 California State
January 23, 2018
June 05, 2017
March 14, 2017
January 12, 2017
September 16, 2016
September 07, 2016
April 08, 2016
February 09, 2016
October 17, 2014
March 16, 2014
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- International Neurosurgical Children's Association
- San Diego County Medical Society
- Society for Neuro-Oncology
- 2015 - Breakthrough Award, Department of Defense
- 2012 - Research Award, ThinkCure!
- 2010 - Excellence Award, City of Hope
- 2009 - Scholar, Oncology Development Award, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- 2009 - Cancer Research Award, STOPCancer Foundation
- 2008 - Distinguished Professor Teaching Award, University of California
- 2008 - Brain Tumor Award, American Brain Tumor Foundation
- 2008 - Research Award, Neurosurgery Research Education Foundation
- 2007 - Community Service Award, American Medical Association
- 2007 - Penfield Research Award, Congress of Neurosurgeons
- 2006 - Excellence in Medicine, American Medical Association
- 2004 - Public Service Award, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- 2003 - Excellence in Teaching, UCSD - School of Medicine
- 2000 - Dean's Scholar, University of Southern California - School of Medicine
- 1994 - Dean's List, University of California, Berkeley