Joseph Rosenthal, M.D., M.H.C.M.
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Areas of Expertise
- Pediatric Hematopoietic Cell Transplant
- Pediatric Transplant
Other Languages Spoken
“When you take care of the child you have in your sight the next few decades.”
Renowned for his skills, research and compassion, Joseph Rosenthal, M.D. treats our youngest patients as Chair of City of Hope's Department of Pediatrics. His goal is to “fight fiercely” for each child, and to restore each patient beyond illness to full health and a normal life, “as if all that never existed.”
A native of Israel, “Yossi” Rosenthal received his medical degree from Tel Aviv University. Arriving in the U.S. in 1988, he continued his training at the University of Colorado and the Harvard School for Public Health.
Dr. Rosenthal joined City of Hope in 1996 after two years at Children's Hospital of Orange County.
- 2011 - present, Chair, Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011 - present, Director, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2009 - 2011, Interim Chair, Department of Pediatrics, Duarte, CA
- 2002 - 2011, Associate Professor and Director, Pediatric Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1996 - 2002, Assistant Professor and Director, Pediatric Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1993 - 1995, Hematology/Oncology, Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Children's Hospital of Orange County, Orange, CA
- 1992 - 1993, Pediatric Oncology Faculty, Famban Medical Center, Haifa, Isreal
- 1991 - 1992, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Faculty, Soroka Medical Center, Beer Sheba, Israel
- 1987 - 1988, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Sambur Center, Bellinson Hospital, Petach Tiqua, Israel
- Hematologic Cancers
- Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
- Musculoskeletal Tumors
- Pediatrics Cancers
- 2003, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, Masters Health Care Management
- 1981, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel, M.D.
- 1975, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, B.Sc.
- 1991, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, Fellowship, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- 1987, Soroka Medical Center, Beer Sheba, Israel, Residency, Medicine
- 1982, Soroka Medical Center, Beer Sheba, Israel, Internship, Medicine
- California State Medical License (current)
- Israel Medical License (permanent)
- American Board of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (1996)
- American Board of Pediatrics (1995)
- FLEX (1990)
- Israel Board of Pediatrics (1987)
Life-changing transplant gives sickle cell patient a second chance
October 03, 2018
Pioneering Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplants
December 29, 2017
As CAR T immunotherapy grows, pediatric cancer patients could benefit
September 16, 2015
13-year-old leukemia survivor has one true hero: her brother
November 11, 2014
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.
- 1987, Hematology Research Laboratory, Soroka Medical Center, Beer Sheba, Israel