Arnold J. Rotter, M.D.
- Clinical Professor of Diagnostic Radiology
- Chief, Computed Tomography Section
Arnold J. Rotter, M.D.
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Computed Tomography (CT), Body Imaging
- Lung Cancer Screening
- CT Lung Cancer Screening
When it comes to screenings as a tool for early detection, Arnold J. Rotter, M.D., leads the way.
Dr. Rotter is one of City of Hope’s experts in thoracic radiology, as well as other aspects of oncologic imaging. He leads the City of Hope computed tomography (CT) Lung Cancer Screening Program (for current and former cigarette smokers) and is on the CT Lung Screening National Comprehensive Cancer Network panel.
Dr. Rotter received his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City, his diagnostic radiology residency at New York's Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and his fellowship in CT imaging at USC.
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Lung Cancer and Thoracic Oncology
- 1978, M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- 1974, B.S., Chemistry, Summa Cum Laude, Brooklyn College of the City, University of New York
- LAC+USC Medical Center (CT/MR)
- 1979-1982, Diagnostic Radiology, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- 1978-1979, Internal Medicine, Brookdale Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
October 30, 2013
- Oncologist. 2015 Jan;20(1):37-44. DOI: 10.1634/theoncologist.2014-0202. Epub 2014 Dec 9. Age-related changes in nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics: influence of chronological versus functional age. Hurria A, Rotter AJ, et al
- J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014 May;147(5):1619-26. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2013.11.001. Epub 2013 Dec 9. Balancing curability and unnecessary surgery in the context of computed tomography screening for lung cancer. Flores R1,….; I-ELCAP Investigators.
- Eur J Cancer Prev. 2015 May;24(3):201-8. DOI: 10.1097/CEJ.0000000000000065. The impact of the regimen of screening on lung cancer cure: a comparison of I-ELCAP and NLST. Yip R, Henschke CI, International Early Lung Cancer Investigators.
- J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014 Feb;147(2):754-62; Discussion 762-4. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2013.09.065. Epub 2013 Nov 23. Sublobar resection is equivalent to lobectomy for clinical stage 1A lung cancer in solid nodules. Altorki NK1, Yip R ; I-ELCAP Investigators.
- Radiology. 2015 Jun 23:142554. CT Screening for Lung Cancer: Nonsolid Nodules in Baseline and Annual Repeat Rounds. Yankelevitz DF, Yip R, As the Writing Committee for The International Early Lung Cancer Action Program Investigators Group.
- Definition of a positive test result in computed tomography screening for lung cancer: a cohort study. Henschke CI, Yip R, Yankelevitz DF, Smith JP; International Early Lung Cancer Action Program Investigators*. Ann Intern Med. 2013 Feb 19;158(4):246-52.
- Lung cancers diagnosed at annual CT screening: volume doubling times. Henschke CI, Yankelevitz DF, Yip R, et al Writing Committee for the I-ELCAP Investigators. Radiology. 2012 May;263(2):578-83.
- Lung Cancer Screening. Wood DE, Eapen GA, Ettinger DS, Rotter AJ, et al. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2012 Feb;10(2):240-65.
- A Phase II Study of Vorinostat for treatment of relapsed or refractory indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma. Kirschbaum M, Frankel P, Popplewell L, Zain J, Delioukina M, Pullarkat V, Matsuoka D, Pulone B, Rotter AJ et al. J Clin Oncol. 2011 Mar 20;29(9):1198-203.
- Abstract ASCO Dec 9, 2010 A Phase I Study of MM-10-001 in Advanced Non Small Cell Lung Cancer M. Koczywas M, Critea M, Reckamp KL, Rotter A, Frankel P, Fouladi Rad S, Liu X, Tran V, Kalos M, Lacey S
- Cost of Cost of a 5-year lung cancer survivor: symptomatic tumour identification vs. proactive computed tomography screening. Castleberry AW, Smith D, Anderson C, Rotter AJ, Grannis Jr FW. British Journal of Cancer (2009) 101, 882 – 896
- Valproic acid monotherapy leads to CR in a patient with refractory diffuse large B cell lymphoma Leukemia & Lymphoma, June 2007; 48(6): 1216 – 1218 Zain J, Rotter A, Weiss L, Forman S, Kirschbaum MH.
- 16th International Conference on Screening for Lung Cancer – “Is there a Reservoir of Resting Non-Lethal Cancers (Poster presentation, April 2007)
- Henschke CI et al, Rotter AJ Survival of patients with stage I lung cancer detected on CT screening. N Engl J Med. 2006 Oct 26;355(17):1763-71
- Kernstine KH, Grannis FW Jr, Rotter AJ. Is there a role for PET in the evaluation of sub-centimeter pulmonary nodules? Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005 Summer; 17(2):110-4.
- Ralls P, Halls J. Non-ovarian Adnexal Pathology. Seminars in Ultrasound 1983 4:193-199.
- Lewis M, Horak D, Rotter AJ, et al. The Case of the Moving Intra Thoracic Mass. Chest 88:897-898, December, 1985.
- Traweek T, Rotter AJ. Cystic Pulmonary Metastatic Sarcoma. Cancer 8:1805-1811, 1990.
- Rotter AJ. MRI Soft Tissue Metastases. MR Insights 1:3,5-6, 1990.
- Rotter AJ, Lundell CJ. MR Imaging of Intravenous Leiomyomatosis of the Uterus Extending into the Inferior Vena Cava. J Comput Assist Tomogr 15:4, 1991.
- Rotter AJ, O'Donnel MR, Radin DR, Marx HF. Peribiliary Chloroma: A Rare Cause of Jaundice after Bone Marrow Transplantation. American Journal of Roentgenology 158(6): 1255-6 June, 1992.
- Rotter AJ. Letter to the Editor: New Contraindication to Intravascular Iodinated Contrast Material. Radiology, Volume 97, (2), November, 1995 (545-6).
- NCCN Guidelines Committee for Lung Cancer Screening – member
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society - member
- Society of Thoracic Radiology – member