Sarkis Baltayian, M.D.
Other Languages Spoken
Sarkis Baltayian, M.D., earned his medical degree at the University of Buenos Aires in Argentina, and completed his residency in anesthesiology in Cambridge, Massachusetts, at The Cambridge Hospital, a Harvard affiliated institution, following with a fellowship in cardiac anesthesia and pain clinic at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Dr. Baltayian has been at City of Hope since 2004. Coming from a practice of 22 years at Orthopaedic Hospital in Los Angeles, he had a large experience with pediatric anesthesia. He finds the work at City of Hope very fulfilling for the variety and complexity of the cases. His greatest satisfaction comes from seeing the difference City of Hope makes in patients' lives and how patients are so grateful and appreciative here at City of Hope.
Dr. Baltayian has served as a member of the Quality Assessment and Improvement Committee, where every aspect of the practice of medicine at City of Hope is scrutinized and improved for the benefit of patients and the advancement of science.
- 2004-Present, Staff Anesthesiologist, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1984-2004, Staff Anesthesiologist, Orthopaedic Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
- 1982-1984, Freelance Anesthesiologist, Los Angeles and Orange County, CA
- 1979-1982, Staff Anesthesiologist, San Bernadino County Medical Center, San Bernadino, CA
- 1970, Medical School Faculty of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina, M.D.
- 1964, Colegio Nacional de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Degree (Major), Honor
- 1978-1979, Anesthesiology , University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- 1973-1974, Anesthesiology , Hospital of San Isidro, San Isidro, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Marin CA, Litrenta S, Baltayian, S: Jornadas Medicas de San Isidro, Buenos Aires, Argentina 1972: The treatment of acute cholecystitis: a retrospective review.
Noguera B, Baltayian S: Jornadas Medicas de San Isidro, Buenos Aires, Argentina 1973: The vagal maneuvers in the diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmias: physiological principles and clinical examples.
- Baltayian S: Journal of Robotic Surgery 2008, 2:59-66: A brief review: anesthesia for robotic prostatectomy.