Thomas P. Slavin, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Departments of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research and Population Sciences, Division of Clinical Cancer Genetics
- Clinical Geneticist
Thomas P. Slavin, M.D.
- Clinical Genetics
- Medical Genetics
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Clinical Cancer Genetics
- Hereditary Cancers
- Cancer Genetics
Thomas Slavin, M.D., is an accomplished physician specializing in identifying hereditary diseases and syndromes, including genetic components of cancers — particularly gastrointestinal, genitourinary and rare cancers.
Dr. Slavin completed his undergraduate degree and medical school training at the University of South Florida. Following medical school, he completed both a pediatric and a medical genetics residency program at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital/University Hospitals, Case Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio. In residency he completed research on hereditary cancer syndromes and identified novel genetic epidemiologic associations for coronary artery diseases and hypertension.
Prior to City of Hope, Dr. Slavin was an assistant professor in John A. Burns School of Medicine in Honolulu, HI and a clinical geneticist in Hawaii Community Genetics.
Dr. Slavin has a particular research interest in preventative and personalized genomics, and epidemiology. He has multiple peer-reviewed publications and has presented at numerous national meetings.
- 2014-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Clinical Cancer Genetics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2010-2014, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, John A. Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI
- 2010-2014, Clinical Geneticist, Kapi'olani Medical Specialist, Honolulu, HI
- 2005, M.D., University of South Florida College (USF) of Medicine
- 2001, B.S., Cum Laude, Biology, University of South Florida
- 2006-2010, Pediatrics and Medical Genetics combined residency, Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital and the Center for Human Genetics, University Hospitals, Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- California medical license
- Hawaii medical license
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry, Molecular Diagnostics
- American Board of Medical Genetics
- American Board of Pediatrics
November 09, 2017
October 25, 2017
February 24, 2017
July 06, 2016
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.