David S. Snyder, M.D.
- Associate Chair, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
- Professor of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
David S. Snyder, M.D.
Other Languages Spoken
A fixture at City of Hope for more than 30 years, David S. Snyder, M.D. is a nationally-recognized expert in stem cell transplantation for treating leukemia and a variety of other blood disorders, notably myeloproliferative neoplasms.
Low-key, self-effacing but possessing encyclopedic knowledge, Dr. Snyder passionately believes in educating patients, as well as his fellow physicians. He is frequently sought out for seminars, community presentations, educational videos and many other opportunities for sharing his insights.
Dr. Snyder trained at Harvard Medical School and did multiple fellowships at Harvard Medical School and Tufts-New England Medical Center before joining City of Hope in 1984.
- 1993 - present, Associate Chair and Professor, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1984 - 1993, Staff Physician, Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1977, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, M.D., Medicine
- 1973, Yale College, New Haven, CT, B.S., Biophysics/Biochemistry
- 1983 -1984, Research Fellow in Hematology-Oncology, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, MA
- 1982 -1983, Clinical Fellow in Hematology-Oncology, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, MA
- 1980 -1982, Research Fellow in Immunology, Dept. of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- 1978 -1980, Junior and Senior Resident in Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
- 1977 -1978, Intern in Medicine, Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
- 1984 - present, Board Eligible in Medical Oncology
- 1984 - present, Board Certified in Hematology (November, 1984)
- 1980 - present, Board Certified in Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.
- 2015 - present, Member, National Comprehensive Cancer Network MPN Panel
- 2000 - present, Member, National Comprehensive Cancer Network CML Panel
- 1994 - present, Member, American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- 1989 - present, Fellow, American College of Physicians
- 1986 - present, Member, American Society of Hematology
- 198l - present, Member, American College of Physicians
- 198l - present, Member, American Physicians Fellowship