Syed Samee, M.D.
Syed Samee, M.D., F.A.C.C., is an assistant clinical professor in the Department of Medical Specialists, specializing in cardiology.
Prior to City of Hope, Dr. Samee was an assistant clinical professor at Blessing Hospital in Quincy, IL and the Southern Illinois School of Medicine in Springfield, IL.
Dr. Samee received his bachelor of science from Osmania University College of Science in Hyderabad, India, before completing his bachelor of medicine and surgery at Gandhi Medical College. While abroad, he continued his education with a rotating internship and training in internal medicine at Osmania General Hospital, followed by a residency at National Health Service in England. In 1976, Dr. Samee migrated to Chicago, IL, where he pursued an internship in internal medicine at Grant Hospital. He then completed an internal medicine residency at Columbus-Cuneo-Cabrini Medical Center and a fellowship in cardiology at St. Francis Hospital in Evanston.
Board-certified in internal medicine with a subspecialty in cardiovascular disease, Dr. Samee is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology. Prior to relocating to Chicago in 2008, Dr. Samee spent 25 years in solo full time practice as a cardiologist in Southern California.
- 2016 to present - Assistant clinical professor, Department of Medical Specialists, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2007 to 2015 - Cardiologist, Blessing Hospital, Quincy, IL
- 2008 to 2015 - Assistant clinical professor, Southern Illinois School of Medicine, Springfield, IL
- 1982 to 2007 - Cardiology/Internal Medicine Private Practice, Lynwood, CA
- 1982 to 2007 - Cardiolgoist, St Francis Hospital, Lynwood, CA
- 1986 to 2007 - Cardiologist, Downey Community Hospital, Downey, CA
- 1997 to 1999 - Clinical instructor, University of California, Los Angeles
- 1970 - Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad, India, M.D.
- 1965 - Osmania University College of Science, Hyderabad, India, B.S.
- 1979 to 1981 - Cardiology fellow, Loyola University Affiliate Service, St. Francis Hospital, Evanston, IL
- 1977 to 1979 - Internal medicine resident, Columbus-Cuneo-Cabrini Medical Center, Chicago
- 1976 to 1977 - Internal medicine intern, Grant Hospital, Chicago
- Internal Medicine