Veronica C. Jones, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery
- Breast Surgeon
Veronica C. Jones, M.D.
- Surgical Oncology
- Breast Surgery
- Breast Conserving Surgery
- Breast Cancer Survivorship
Specializing in breast cancer surgery, the much-honored Veronica C. Jones, M.D. joined City of Hope in 2015 after serving as an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA.
Dr. Jones graduated with honors from Stanford University and received her medical degree at Meharry Medical College in Nashville, TN. She completed her internship and residency at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, TX. She also studied HIV/AIDS and reproductive health during a clerkship in Kenya. Along the way she picked up a variety of awards from Chief Resident of the Year to Best Surgical Oncology Paper.
Dr. Jones writes extensively and has focused her research on health disparities in underserved populations as well as new technologies in breast cancer care.
- 2015 to present - Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2014 to 2015 - Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Breast Cancer
- 2004 to 2008 - Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN, M.D. with honors
- 2000 to 2004 - Stanford University, Stanford, CA, B.A. with Honors in Cultural and Social Anthropology
- 2013 to 2014 - Emory University, Atlanta, GA, Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship
- 2009 to 2013 - Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, General Surgery Residency
- 2008 to 2009 - Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, General Surgery Internship
October 04, 2017
October 30, 2015
- Jones, VC., Carlson, GW. Disparities in immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy: time for a change [Editorial]. The Breast Journal. Jul-Aug, 2014; 20(4):337-8.
- Fair, A. Malin, Wujcik, D., Lin, A., Grau, A., Wilson, V. Champion V., Zheng, W., Egan, K. Obesity, Gynecological Factors, and Abnormal Mammography Follow-Up in Minority and Medically Underserved Women. (2009) Journal of Women’s Health 18(7)1033-1039. PMID: 19558307
- Wilson, VC. (2007, January 1). Clinical Rounds at Kenyatta National Hospital. Journal of the Student National Medical Association. 13, 18-20.
- Jones, V., Binkley, J., Crawford, A., Kirkpatrick, S., Furbish, C., Stratford, P., Thompson, W., Farley, C., Bowman, E., Okoli, J., Beech, D., Gabram, S. Rehabilitation needs in the breast cancer (BC) survivorship population: a prospective observational study. Society of Surgical Oncology, Houston, TX, 2015 (Poster)
- Jones, V., Linebarger, J., Perez S., Gabram, S., Okoli, J., Bumpers, H., Burns, B., Mosunjac, M., Rizzo, M. Excising Additional Margins at Initial Breast-conserving Surgery (BCS) Reduces the Need for Re-excision: A Report of a Randomized Prospective Study in a Public Hospital. Society of Surgical Oncology, Houston, TX, 2015 (Poster)
- Jones, V., Cedillo, V., Koch, M., Barnes, S., Grant, M., Knox, S., Jones. R, Lamont, J. Mastectomy: Is There Occult Cancer Within the Nipple? American College of Surgeons North Texas Chapter Meeting, Dallas, TX. 2012 (Oral Presentation) Awarded American College of Surgeons, North Texas Chapter Best Surgical Oncology Paper
- Wilson, V., Knox, S., Fisher, T., Cheek, S., Lamont, J. Patient Satisfaction with Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) Following Breast Conservation Surgery. American College of Surgeons North Texas Chapter Meeting, Dallas, TX. 2010 (Oral Presentation)
- Malin, A*., Wujcik, D., Wilson, V., Lin, J., Grau A., Champion V., Zheng W. Predictors of delay to timely mammography resolution in minority and medically underserved women. 5th annual AACR International Conference on Frontiers in Cancer Prevention Research, Boston, MA, 2006 (Poster)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- 2012 - American College of Surgeons, North Texas Chapter Best Surgical Oncology Paper: Mastectomy: Is There Occult Cancer Within the Nipple?
- 2013 - Chief Resident of the Year, Baylor University Medical Center
- 2011 - Cardiovascular Resident of the Year, Baylor University Medical Center
- 2010 - John Peter Smith Resident of the Quarter, Baylor University Medical Center
- 2009 - American Society of Clinical Oncology Resident Travel Award