Division of Research Informatics (RI)
The Division consists of three functional sections that include Clinical Research Informatics (CRI), Research Informatics Applications (RIA) and Translational Research Informatics (TRI). It also operates the Cancer Center’s Research Informatics section of the Clinical Protocol & Data Management (CPDM).
Research Informatics Applications
Research Informatics Applications(RIA) seeks to employ emergent technologies and industry best practices to create integrated products that support the translational continuum. By taking an agile driven methodology, we are able to rapidly move requirements through a continuous integration pipeline - favoring frequent releases to minimize the time it takes for ideas to progress from concept to implementation while maximizing tolerance to change.
- Integrated Research Informatics Platform
- In-house Applications
- External Applications
- Analysis, development, and integration of research support applications
- Rapid Prototyping
Web & Mobile Development
- Clinical Trials On-line (CTOL)
- Lab-based Adverse Event Grading
- Intestinal Stem Cell Consortium (ISCC)
- Integrated Islet Distribution Program (IIDP)
- Electronic Materials Transfer Agreement (eMTA)
Clinical Research Informatics (CRI)
- Clinical Trials Data Capture and Management - Provide informatics solutions to manage the planning, execution, and reporting of clinical trials, such as protocol authoring, adverse event reporting, and subject enrollment
- Observational Research Data Capture and Management - Provide electronic data capture (EDC) systems with electronic case report forms (eCRFs) or computer-scannable CRFs to capture study data, such as adverse events and tumor response
- Clinical Research Decision Support - Transforms data into decisions using business intelligence tools to report and analyze study-related data
Translational Research Informatics Core (TRIC)
- Translational Research Experimental Data Capture, Management and Analyses
- Systems and Process Analyses for Translational Research
- Workflow/process analyses, optimization and automation.
- Integrated inventory and sample management