- Conserved transcriptional activity and ligand responsiveness of avian PPARs: potential role in regulating lipid metabolism in migratory birds. Hamilton A, Ly J, Robinson JR, Corder KR, DeMoranville KJ, Schaeffer PJ, Huss JM. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2018 Aug 13. pii: S0016-6480(18)30115-1. [Epub ahead of print]
- t-Darpp Activates IGF-1R Signaling to Regulate Glucose Metabolism in Trastuzumab-Resistant Breast Cancer Cells. Lenz G, Hamilton A, Geng S, Hong T, Kalkum M, Momand J, Kane SE, Huss JM. Clin Cancer Res. 2018 Mar 1;24(5):1216-1226. Epub 2017 Nov 27.
- Identification of novel inverse agonists of estrogen-related receptors ERRγ and ERRβ. Yu DD, Huss JM, Li H, Forman BM. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017 Mar 1;25(5):1585-1599. Epub 2017 Jan 16.
- Annual life-stage regulation of lipid metabolism and storage and association with PPARs in a migrant species: the gray catbird (Dumetella carolinensis). Corder KR, DeMoranville KJ, Russell DE, Huss JM, Schaeffer PJ. J Exp Biol. 2016 Nov 1;219(Pt 21):3391-3398. Epub 2016 Sep 2.
- Constitutive activities of estrogen-related receptors: Transcriptional regulation of metabolism by the ERR pathways in health and disease. Huss JM, Garbacz WG, Xie W. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015 Sep;1852(9):1912-27. Epub 2015 Jun 24.
- For updates, see our publication list at PubMed.
- In a pair of studies published in the journal Cell Metabolism in 2007, Dr. Huss and colleagues demonstrated the involvement of the nuclear receptors ERRa and ERRg in a host of processes: normal differentiation and growth in skeletal muscle, insulin resistance, muscle injury-regeneration and the pathophysiology of heart disease. These results had a fundamental impact on the direction of research into ERR, from the initial discovery of the role that ERRa and ERRg play in metabolism to the development of genetic and physiologic models to explore new aspects of ERR function.