- CARM1 suppresses de novo serine synthesis by promoting PKM2 activity. Abeywardana T, Oh M, Jiang L, Yang Y, Kong M, Song J, Yang Y. J Biol Chem. 2018 Aug 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Reversible De-differentiation of Mature White Adipocytes into Preadipocyte-like Precursors during Lactation. Wang QA, Song A, Chen W, Schwalie PC, Zhang F, Vishvanath L, Jiang L, Ye R, Shao M, Tao C, Gupta RK, Deplancke B, Scherer PE. Cell Metab. 2018 Aug 7;28(2):282-288.e3. Epub 2018 Jun 14.
- PPARγ and its Role in Adipocyte Homeostasis and Thiazolidinedione-Mediated Insulin Sensitization. Wang QA, Zhang F, Jiang L, Ye R, An Y, Shao M, Tao C, Gupta RK, Scherer PE. Mol Cell Biol. 2018 Feb 26. pii: MCB.00677-17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Global Analysis of Plasma Lipids Identifies Liver-Derived Acylcarnitines as a Fuel Source for Brown Fat Thermogenesis. Simcox J, Geoghegan G, Maschek JA, Bensard CL, Pasquali M, Miao R, Lee S, Jiang L, Huck I, Kershaw EE, Donato AJ, Apte U, Longo N, Rutter J, Schreiber R, Zechner R, Cox J, Villanueva CJ. Cell Metab. 2017 Sep 5;26(3):509-522.e6.
- Control of intestinal stem cell function and proliferation by mitochondrial pyruvate metabolism. Schell JC, Wisidagama DR, Bensard C, Zhao H, Wei P, Tanner J, Flores A, Mohlman J, Sorensen LK, Earl CS, Olson KA, Miao R, Waller TC, Delker D, Kanth P, Jiang L, DeBerardinis RJ, Bronner MP, Li DY, Cox JE, Christofk HR, Lowry WE, Thummel CS, Rutter J. Nat Cell Biol. 2017 Sep;19(9):1027-1036. Epub 2017 Aug 14.
- For updates, see our publication list at PubMed.
- A 2016 paper in the journal Nature examined metastasis and how cancer cells survive to reach distant organs after they detach from the extracellular matrix. Providing the first evidence from live cells for a mechanism that had long been hypothesized, Dr. Jiang and colleagues showed that a novel cytosol-to-mitochondria citrate transport system mitigates the mitochondrial oxidative stress in the detached cancer cell, as regulated with the IDH1 pathway.