- Reversible De-differentiation of Mature White Adipocytes into Preadipocyte-like Precursors during Lactation. Wang QA, Song A, Chen W, Schwalie PC, Zhang F, Vishvanath L, Jiang L, Ye R, Shao M, Tao C, Gupta RK, Deplancke B, Scherer PE. Cell Metab. 2018 Aug 7;28(2):282-288.e3. Epub 2018 Jun 14.
- PPARγ and its Role in Adipocyte Homeostasis and Thiazolidinedione-Mediated Insulin Sensitization. Wang QA, Zhang F, Jiang L, Ye R, An Y, Shao M, Tao C, Gupta RK, Scherer PE. Mol Cell Biol. 2018 Feb 26. pii: MCB.00677-17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Short-Term Versus Long-Term Effects of Adipocyte Toll-Like Receptor 4 Activation on Insulin Resistance in Male Mice. Tao C, Holland WL, Wang QA, Shao M, Jia L, Sun K, Lin X, Kuo YC, Johnson JA, Gordillo R, Elmquist JK, Scherer PE. Endocrinology. 2017 May 1;158(5):1260-1270.
- Autonomous interconversion between adult pancreatic α-cells and β-cells after differential metabolic challenges. Ye R, Wang M, Wang QA, Spurgin SB, Wang ZV, Sun K, Scherer PE. Mol Metab. 2016 May 10;5(7):437-448. eCollection 2016 Jul.
- Zfp423 Maintains White Adipocyte Identity through Suppression of the Beige Cell Thermogenic Gene Program. Shao M, Ishibashi J, Kusminski CM, Wang QA, Hepler C, Vishvanath L, MacPherson KA, Spurgin SB, Sun K, Holland WL, Seale P, Gupta RK. Cell Metab. 2016 Jun 14;23(6):1167-1184. Epub 2016 May 26.
- For updates, see our publication list at PubMed.
- In 2013, Dr. Wang and colleagues published a paper in Nature Medicine that provided new insights into the development of beige adipose cells. Tracing beige adipogenesis, the researchers found that when fat tissue expands, the initial mechanism is the increase in size of cells themselves, and that the development of new fat cells happens later along.
- Additionally, it was previously thought that exposure to cold triggered a process that caused white adipose cells to change to beige adipose cells. The Nature Medicine results provided solid evidence that instead beige adipocytes differentiate from their own unique precursor cell.