- Restoration of Glucose-Stimulated Cdc42-Pak1 Activation and Insulin Secretion by a Selective Epac Activator in Type 2 Diabetic Human Islets. Veluthakal R, Chepurny OG, Leech CA, Schwede F, Holz GG, Thurmond DC. Diabetes. 2018 Jul 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Novel approaches to restore beta cell function in prediabetes and type 2 diabetes. Salunkhe VA, Veluthakal R, Kahn SE, Thurmond DC. Diabetologia. 2018 Sep;61(9):1895-1901. Epub 2018 Jun 8.
- Doc2b Protects β-Cells Against Inflammatory Damage and Enhances Function. Aslamy A, Oh E, Olson EM, Zhang J, Ahn M, Moin ASM, Tunduguru R, Salunkhe VA, Veluthakal R, Thurmond DC. Diabetes. 2018 Jul;67(7):1332-1344. Epub 2018 Apr 16
- Exocytosis Protein DOC2B as a Biomarker of Type 1 Diabetes. Aslamy A, Oh E, Ahn M, Moin ASM, Chang M, Duncan M, Hacker-Stratton J, El-Shahawy M, Kandeel F, DiMeglio LA, Thurmond DC. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2018 May 1;103(5):1966-1976.
- Depletion of the membrane-fusion regulator Munc18c attenuates caerulein hyperstimulation-induced pancreatitis. Dolai S, Liang T, Orabi AI, Xie L, Holmyard D, Javed TA, Fernandez NA, Xie H, Cattral MS, Thurmond DC, Thorn P, Gaisano HY. J Biol Chem. 2018 Feb 16;293(7):2510-2522. Epub 2017 Dec 28.
- For updates, see our publication list at PubMed.
- A 2015 paper in Cell Metabolism showed that in laboratory models of a high-fat diet, overexpression of STX4 led to both a longer lifespan and better control of glucose. Because STX4 imparted a special benefit to the muscles’ ability to process insulin in this study, our findings also suggest that the depletion of that ability may lead to type 2 diabetes in older age.