Finding a Faculty Sponsor
To become a clinical observer or scientific/research fellow with City of Hope’s Visiting International Surgeons (VIS) program, the applicant must identify a faculty member at City of Hope who will sponsor the visitor.
Before submitting an application to the VIS program, the potential applicant should contact the faculty sponsor and obtain his/her agreement to serve as the applicant’s host and mentor for the duration of the visit to City of Hope.
- Find a sponsoring faculty member from the VIS program team
Contact the surgeon and request sponsorship of your visit to City of Hope by providing the following information:
- Your name
- Your title and affiliation and proof of employment
- Whether you are requesting to be a Clinical Observer or a Scientific/Research Fellow or seeking both opportunities.
- A letter of intent introducing about yourself, your clinical practice, the reasons you are interested in visiting City of Hope, and your goals and expectations from the visit.
- Your most up to date curriculum vitae
- A photo of yourself
- Preferred dates and duration of visit
- Once you obtain a sponsor, you will be provided an application ID to access and complete our on-line application.