Vu Nguyen, Ph.D.
2018-present, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Immuno-Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2016-2017, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, City of Hope, California
2012–2015, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, Korea
2015, Young Investigator Award of “Enhancing therapeutic effect of Salmonella-Mediated Cancer Therapy using Etodolac as a M2-blocker”.Training Workshop to strengthen the ability of participant in the program of Molecular Medicine. Muju, Korea.
2014, Best Poster Award of “Changes in tumor microenvironment after colonization of tumor targeting Salmonella typhimurium”. Hwasun BioMedical Workshop 2014. Hwasun, Korea.
2011 Best Poster Award of “Engineering Salmonella typhimurium to Become a Dual Purpose-Probe for Therapeutic and in vivo Monitoring Applied in Cancer or Myocardial Infarction”. World Association of Radiopharmaceutical and Molecular Therapy (WARMTH). HoChiMinh, Vietnam
2010 Best Presentation Award of “Genetically engineered Salmonella typhimurium as a potential imageable therapeutic probe in small animal tumor models”. Annual Conference of Vietnamese Young Scientists. Seoul, Korea.
2009 Student Travel Stipend Award of “Genetically engineered Salmonella typhimurium as a potential imageable therapeutic probe in small animal tumor models”. World Molecular Imaging Congress. Montreal, Canada.
2007 The Outstanding Presentation Award for Oral Presentation of “Cytolysin A expressing E. coli – a promising candidate for imageable therapeutic probe”. Korean Society of Nuclear Medicine, Seoul, Korea.
2007 The Best Poster Award of “A Novel Imageable Therapeutic Probe For Cancer
Cytolysin A Expressing Attenuated Salmonella typhimurium”. Korean Society of Nuclear Medicine, Seoul, Korea.
2007 The 2007 Young Best Investigator’s Award for Oral Presentation of “A Novel Thera-diagnostic Molecular Probe For Cancer
Attenuated Light-emitting Salmonella typhimurium carrying Cytolysin A”. Korean Society of Molecular Imaging, Seoul, Korea.
- Nguyen VH, Min JJ, 2016. Salmonella-Mediated Cancer Therapy: Roles and Potential. Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, doi:10.1007/s13139-016-0415-z
- Park SH, Zheng JH, Nguyen VH, Jiang SN, Kim DY, Szardenings M, Min JH, Hong Y, Choy HE, Min JJ, 2016. RGD Peptide Cell-Surface Display Enhances the Targeting and Therapeutic Efficacy of Attenuated Salmonella-mediated Cancer Therapy. Theranostics, 6:1672-82.
- Phan TX, Nguyen VH, Duong MQ, Hong YJ, Choy HE, Min JJ, 2015. Activation of Inflammasome by Attenuated Salmonella typhimurium in Bacteria-mediated Cancer Therapy. Microbiology and Immunology, 59:664-675.
- Duong TM, Jeong KJ, Hong SH, Nguyen VH, Ngo H, Min JJ, Lee SE, Rhee JH, 2015. All three TonB systems are required for Vibrio vulnificus CMCP6 tissue invasiveness by controlling flagellum expression. Infection and Immunity, 84:254-265.
- Kim JE*, Phan TX*, Nguyen VH*, Dinh-Vu HV, Zheng JH, Yun M, Park SG, Hong YJ, Choy HE, Szardenings M, Hwang W, Park JA, Park SH, Im SH, and Min JJ, 2015. Salmonella typhimurium suppresses tumor growth via the pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-1β. Theranostics, 5: 1328-1342. (Co-first author).
- Jeong JH, Kim K, Lim D, Jeong K, Hong Y, Nguyen VH, Kim TH, Ryu S, Lim JA, Kim JI, Kim GJ, Kim SC, Min JJ, Choy HE, 2014. Anti-tumoral effect of the mitochondrial target domain of Noxa delivered by an engineered Salmonella typhimurium. PLoS One, 9:e80050.
- Eom GH, Nam YS, Oh JG, Choe N, Min HK, Yoo EK, Kang G, Nguyen VH, Min JJ, Kim JK, Lee IK, Bassel-Duby R, Olson EN, Park WJ, Kook H, 2014. Regulation of acetylation of histone deacetylase 2 by p300/CBP-associated factor/histone deacetylase 5 in the development of cardiac hypertrophy. Circulation Research, 114:1133-43.
- Yun M, Pan S, Jiang SN, Nguyen VH, Park SH, Jung CH, Kim HS, Min JJ, Choy HE, Hong Y, 2012. Effect of Salmonella Treatment on an Implanted Tumor (CT26) in a Mouse Model. The Journal of Microbiology, 50:502-10.
- Le UN, Kim HS, Kwon JS, Kim MY, Nguyen VH, Jiang SN, Lee BI, Hong Y, Shin MG, Rhee JH, Bom HS, Ahn Y, Gambhir SS, Choy HE, Min JJ., 2011. Engineering and visualization of bacteria for targeting infarcted myocardium. Molecular Therapy, 19:951-9.
- Min JJ, Nguyen VH and Gambhir SS, 2010. Molecular Imaging of Biological Gene Delivery Vehicles for Targeted Cancer Therapy: Beyond Viral Vectors. Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, 44:15-24. (Review)
- Jiang SN, Phan TX, Nam TK, Nguyen VH, Kim HS, Bom HS, Choy HE, Hong Y and Min JJ, 2010. Inhibition of Tumor Growth and Metastasis by a Combination of Escherichia coli–mediated Cytolytic Therapy and Radiotherapy. Molecular Therapy, 18:635-42.
- Nguyen VH, Kim HS, Ha JM, Hong Y, Choy HE and Min JJ, 2010. Genetically Engineered Salmonella typhimurium as an Imageable Therapeutic Probe for Cancer. Cancer Research, 70:18-23.
- Min JJ, Nguyen VH, Kim HJ, Hong Y, Choy HE, 2008. Quantitative bioluminescence imaging of tumor-targeting bacteria in living animals. Nature Protocols, 3:629-36.
- Nguyen VH, Min J-J. Visualization of Anticancer Salmonella typhimurium Engineered for Remote Control of Therapeutic Proteins. Book chapter. In: Hoffman MR, ed. Bacterial Therapy of Cancer: Methods and Protocols. New York, NY: Springer New York, 2016:135-42.