Wishing Tree Terms
By posting/liking/following/opting-in to the City of Hope digital wishing tree you agree to the following terms:
If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, you may not view or post any content related to [COH DIGITAL WISHING TREE SITE] on the internet. Your use of [COH DIGITAL WISHING TREE SITE] is acceptance of this Policy and has the same effect as if you had actually physically signed an agreement.
1. You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on [COH DIGITAL WISHING TREE SITE].
2. By leaving comments, posting images, reviews, discussions, videos, stories, or other personal information on [COH DIGITAL WISHING TREE SITE], you are agreeing to have your image and/or identity published online. You acknowledge that this information is of public domain and may be viewed by anyone. You are responsible for the content you post. Should you have concerns regarding your privacy, it is advised that you not post any personal information to the [COH DIGITAL WISHING TREE SITE].
3. As a guest posting content to [COH DIGITAL WISHING TREE SITE] on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in our discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
4. City of Hope reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to [COH DIGITAL WISHING TREE SITE], at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. City of Hope may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials at his sole discretion. You understand and agree that City of Hope may disclose your communications and activities on [COH DIGITAL WISHING TREE SITE] in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of City of Hope rights. You agree that in the event that City of Hope exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, City of Hope will have no liability to you.
5. By posting any content on [COH DIGITAL WISHING TREE SITE], you grant to City of Hope the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any City of Hope purpose.
6. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. By its very nature, a website AND THE INTERNET cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. City of Hope does not control the third party sites and the Internet over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information or other content and, therefore, City of Hope DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting any content on an internet site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family.
7. THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES [COH DIGITAL WISHING TREE SITE], THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN, USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.