City of Hope has developed Orange County’s most integrated program for gynecologic oncology and urogynecologic care. This unique program offers patients a broad range of expertise in cancer treatment, complex non-cancerous gynecologic disorders, urogynecology and pelvic floor dysfunction.
Physician Referral Fax: 949-777-6750
- Gynecologic pre-cancer prevention
- Ovarian cancer (ovaries, fallopian tubes, etc.)
- Uterine cancer (uterus, endometrium, etc.)
- Cervical cancer (neoplasms of the cervix, vulva, etc.)
- Vaginal cancer, vulvar cancer
- Genetic predispositions (BRCA1, BRCA2, Lynch syndrome)
- Strong family history of cancer (ovarian, uterine and breast)
- Advanced endometriosis
- DES exposure in utero
- Cervical stenosis
- Pelvic and ovarian masses
- Cervical, vaginal and vulvar dysplasia
- Diagnosis and surgical management of cancerous conditions
- Tumor cytoreduction
- Robotic surgery
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures
- Fertility-preserving surgery
- Systemic treatment — chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy
- Clinical trials
- Laser ablation
- Risk-reducing surgery for genetic predispositions to cancer
- Reconstruction for complex congenital anomalies of the gynecologic tract
- Hormone replacement therapy due to premature surgical menopause
- Fertility-preserving treatment options
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Fecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Recurrent UTI
- Urethral diverticulum
- Vaginal stenosis
- Pelvic pain, interstitial cystitis
- Vesicovaginal and rectovaginal fistulas
- Overactive bladder syndrome
- Congenital anomalies of the genitourinary tract
- Neurogenic bladder
- Post-delivery pelvic floor dysfunction
- Vaginal atrophy
- Medical management of urinary urgency and frequency
- Surgical management of stress urinary incontinence
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery
- Transvaginal reconstructive surgery
- Native tissue vaginal surgery
- Fistula repair
- Complex reconstruction of the pelvic floor
- Pelvic organ prolapse repair
- BOTOX® treatment for overactive bladder
- Sacral neuromodulation
- Percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation (PTNS)
- Non-surgical treatment of pelvic floor disorders
- Fertility-preserving treatment options
A previvor has an elevated risk of being diagnosed with cancer due to cancer genetic markers. As an example, BRCA1 and BRCA2 are two of the most commonly known genes. Our City of Hope care team can reduce or eliminate the cancer predisposition before it develops or is detected through diagnostics.
To study and consider the molecular and cellular features of a tumor as well as those of its microenvironment in addition to the individual’s traits, such as genetics and lifestyle, in order to develop a customized treatment.
Experts, among the top in their field in the nation for diagnostic capabilities, can diagnose rare diseases that are difficult to detect.
Our industry-leading radiation oncologists utilize their advanced knowledge in combination with external beam radiation techniques such as IMRT and SBRT,
along with high-dose rate brachytherapy, to optimize treatment outcomes.
Offering access to nearly 1,000 innovative Phase 1–3 clinical trials, bringing patients promising new treatments long before they become the standard of care.
Nationally recognized supportive care services and programs helping patients and their families ease the physical, emotional and psychological burdens of a life-changing diagnosis, including social work, support groups, integrative medicine, and physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Recognized by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation as a ‘Leader in LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality.’
Fills and dispenses prescriptions and offers over-the-counter medications, alleviating the burden of going elsewhere.
A full-service salon and specialty shopping experience with oncology trained cosmetologists.
With a focus on precise imaging and selective, targeted treatments, our physicians and researchers are industry-leading pioneers in harnessing the precision and power of advanced techniques to kill cancer cells while preserving a patient’s quality of life.
Medical Director, Gynecologic Cancer Program
Program Director, Reconstructive Urology and Survivorship Fellowship, City of Hope Orange County
Medical Director, Radiation Oncology Program
Medical Director, Supportive & Integrative Medicine
Jason Salsamendi, M.D.
Jessican Cheng, M.D.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Shui Yu, P.T.
Kailey Proctor, M.P.H., R.D.N., C.S.O.
Amanda Schwer, M.D.
Nairi Berner, M.D., M.S.
Samar Singh, M.D.
South Orange County
City of Hope believes that patients benefit from a collaboration between us and their referring physicians. We work in partnership with you, communicating with you frequently, and focusing on helping patients return to your care when they complete their treatment. Learn more about our programs and services.