City of Hope is home to some of the world’s leading research centers and institutes, where our scientists are renowned for breakthrough innovations.
Sharing our state-of-the-art equipment and resources, and the expertise to apply them to meaningful research, are crucial to the pursuit of new treatments and potential cures.
Our insights into gene therapy, recombinant DNA technology, computational medicine, biology and other fields have made us a world leader in creating greater understanding of cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases.
- Department of Cancer Biology and Molecular Medicine
- Department of Cancer Genetics & Epigenetics
- Department of Comparative Medicine
- Department of Computational and Quantitative Medicine
- Department of Hematologic Malignancies Translational Science
- Department of Immuno-Oncology
- Department of Molecular Diagnostics and Experimental Therapeutics
- Department of Population Sciences
- Department of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine
- Department of Systems Biology
- Center for Cancer and Aging
- Center for Precision Medicine
- Center for RNA Biology and Therapeutics
We offer a broad diabetes and endocrinology program combining groundbreaking research, unique treatments and comprehensive education to help people with diabetes and other endocrine diseases live longer, better lives.
- Department of Diabetes & Cancer Discovery Science
- Department of Diabetes & Cancer Metabolism
- Department of Diabetes Complications & Metabolism
- Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Department of Immunology & Theranostics
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Endocrinology
- Department of Translation Research & Cellular Therapeutics
- The Wanek Family Project for Type 1 Diabetes
Recognizing our team’s accomplishments in cancer research, treatment, patient care, education and prevention, the National Cancer Institute has designated City of Hope as a comprehensive cancer center, the highest designation possible from the NCI.
Our dedicated, multidisciplinary team of health care and research professionals combine innovative research discoveries with superior clinical treatments to improve outcomes for patients with hematologic cancers.
This alliance provides City of Hope with access to TGen's innovative genomics technologies, helping physicians and researchers move research discoveries into the clinic for the benefit of patients.
Through rigorous coursework and laboratory research, you’ll be training in an academically stimulating, collaborative and diverse environment. The program develops a professionally trained scientist, prepared for a career in academia, medicine or industry.
City of Hope and Beckman Research Institute offer a host of resources meeting researchers’ needs for specialized equipment, services or expert consultation. Sharing state-of-the-art equipment and resources, and the expertise to apply them to meaningful research, are crucial to the pursuit of new treatments and potential cures. They’re key pillars of our status as an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Analytical Cytometry
- Analytical Pharmacology
- Biostatistics and Mathematical Oncology
- Chemical GMP Synthesis
- Comprehensive Metabolic Phenotyping
- Design and Fabrication Laboratory
- Drug Discovery and Structural Biology
- Electron Microscopy
- Gene Editing and Viral Vector
- Hematopoeitic Tissue Bank
- Immuno-Oncology Core
- Integrative Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Light Microscopy/Digital Imaging
- Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics
- Pathology Research Services
- Population Facing Research
- Small Animal Studies
- Stem Cell Core Facility
By having world-renowned scientists, physicians, and treatment manufacturing facilities working side by side at our main campus, we’re able to quickly turn breakthrough discoveries into experimental treatments. In a given year, City of Hope conducts more than 400 clinical trials enrolling more than 6,000 patients.