TGen: An Affiliate of City of Hope
What Is Precision Medicine?
- Researchers use individual variations in genes, environment and lifestyle to develop diagnostics, prognostics and therapies to target, treat and monitor chronic and life-threatening conditions.
The ability to better diagnose, treat, cure and prevent diseases depends on:
- Understanding the genetic cause of the diseases
- Understanding why individuals respond to different therapies
- Understanding who is at highest risk for different diseases
- Translating this information into new targeted diagnostic tests, therapeutics and the ability to detect disease early and track its progression specific to the individual
City of Hope and TGen’s combined strengths will propel us to the forefront of this emerging field.
February 17, 2017
December 23, 2016
October 27, 2016
December 31, 2015
December 30, 2015