Marcela D. Alincourt Salazar, Ph.D.
- Staff Scientist, Department of Immuno-Oncology
Marcela D. Alincourt Salazar, Ph.D.
Research Focus :
- Pancreatic cancer
- Mechanisms of tumor immune evasion
- Development of Salmonella-based therapy against solid tumors
- 2017-present, Staff Scientist, Department of Immuno-Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2012-2016, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011-2012, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- 2010-2011, Research Assistant Professor (non-tenured track), Department of Medicine, Hematology/Oncology Division, University of Toledo Medical School, Toledo, OH
- 2010, University of Toledo Medical School, Toledo, OH, Ph.D., Biochemistry & Cancer Biology
- 2005-2010, Graduate student, Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, University of Toledo Medical School, Toledo, OH
- 2004, Fluminense Federal University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, B.S., Biology
- Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar, Manuel ER, Tsai W, D'Apuzzo M, Goldstein L, Blazar BR, Diamond DJ. Evaluation of innate and adaptive immunity contributing to the antitumor effects of PD1 blockade in an orthotopic murine model of pancreatic cancer. OncoImmunology, 2016, vol 5, issue 6. PMCID: PMC4938374
- Da Fonseca CO, Khandelia H, Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar, Schönthal AH, Meireles OC, Quirico Santos T. Perillyl alcohol: Dynamic interactions with the lipid bilayer and implications for long term inhalational chemotherapy for gliomas. Surgical Neurology International, 2016 7:1.
- Patki M, Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar, Trumbly R, Ratnam M. Differential effects of estrogen-dependent transactivation vs. transrepression by the estrogen receptor on invasiveness of HER2 overexpressing breast cancer cells. Biophysical and Biochemical Research Communications 457 (2015), 404-411.
- Marcela d'Alincourt Salazar, Silva RF, Da Fonseca CO, Lagrota-Candido J, Quirico-Santos T. Intranasal administration of perillyl alcohol activates peripheral and bronchus-associated immune system in vivo. Archivum Immunologiae et Therapia Experimentalis (Warsz) 2014 Feb 21; 62(1):59-66.
- Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar, Ratnam M, Patki M, Kisovic I, Trumbly R, Mohamed I, Ratnam M. During hormone depletion or tamoxifen treatment of breast cancer cells the estrogen receptor apoprotein supports cell cycling through the retinoic acid receptor α1 apoprotein. Breast Cancer Research 2011, Feb 7, 13(1):R17.*highly accessed.
- Gonit M, Zhang J, Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar, Cui H, Shatnawi A, Trumbly R, Ratnam M. Hormone depletion-insensitivity of prostate cancer cells is supported by the androgen receptor without binding to classical response elements. Molecular Endocrinology, April 2011, 25(4):621–634.
- Zhang J*, Gonit M*, Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar* (*Equal contributors), Shatnawi A, Shemshedini L, Trumbly R, Ratnam M. C/EBPalpha redirects androgen receptor signaling through a unique bimodal interaction. Oncogene 2010, 29:723-738.
- Elnakat H, Gonit M, Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar, Zhang J, Basrur V, Gunning W, Kamen B, Ratnam M. Regulation of folate receptor internalization by protein kinase C alpha. Biochemistry 2009, 48:8249-8260.
- Hao H*, Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar* (*Equal contributors), Kelley, KMM, Shatnawi A, Mukherjee S, Shah YM Ratnam M. Estrogen-induced and TAFII30-mediated gene repression by direct recruitment of the estrogen receptor and co-repressors to the core promoter and its reversal by Tamoxifen. Oncogene 2007, 13:7872-7884.
- Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar, Ratnam M. The folate receptor: What does it promise in tissue-targeted therapeutics? Cancer and Metastasis Reviews 2007, 26: 141-152. *>230 citations.
- Gonit M, Marcela d’Alincourt Salazar, Zhang J, Elnakat H, Sivakumaran S, Ratnam M. Hormonal Control of Folate Receptor Genes (Chapter 3). Targeted Drug Strategies for Cancer and Inflammation, Springer, 2011, pp. 49-63.