Anthony Chan, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Systems Biology
Anthony Chan, Ph.D.
Research Focus :
- Molecular cell biology and epigenetics in cancer research
- Therapeutic target discovery using high-throughput CRISPR genetic screens
- Drug discovery using a combination of in silico modeling, in vitro binding assays, and cell-based methods
- 2017 – present, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Systems Biology, City of Hope Beckman Research Institute, Monrovia, CA
- 2015 – 2017, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- 2014 – 2015, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- 2012 – 2014, Postdoctoral Fellow, Division of Life Science, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
- 2012, Ph.D., Biochemistry, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
- 2006, B.S., Biochemistry, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
Chan AKN, Ng AKL, Ng KKY, Wong WKR. Cloning and characterization of two novel β-glucosidase genes encoding isoenzymes of the cellobiase complex from Cellulomonas biazotea. Gene. 2018; 642:367-375.
Pliotas C, Grayer SC, Ekkerman S, Chan AKN, Healy J, Marius P, Bartlett W, Khan A, Cortopassi WA, Chandler SA, Rasmussen T, Benesch JLP, Paton RS, Claridge TDW, Miller S, Booth IR, Naismith JH, Conway SJ. Adenosine monophosphate binding stabilizes the KTN domain of the Shewanella denitrificans Kef potassium efflux system. Biochemistry. 2017; 56:4219-4234.
Ng WL, Li HC, Lau KM, Chan AKN, Lau CB, Shing TKM. Concise and stereodivergent synthesis of carbasugars reveals unexpected structure-activity relationship (SAR) of SGLT2 inhibition. Sci Rep. 2017; 7:5581. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-05895-9.
Chan AK, Wang YY, Ng KL, Fu Z, Wong WK. Cloning and characterization of a novel cellobiase gene, cba3, encoding the first known β-glucosidase of glycoside hydrolase family 1 of Cellulomonas biazotea. Gene. 2012; 493:52-61.
Wong WKR, Fu Z, Wang YY, Ng KL, Chan, AKN. Engineering of efficient Escherichia coli excretion systems for the production of heterologous proteins for commercial applications. Recent Pat Chem Eng. 2012; 5:45-55.
Wang YY, Fu ZB, Ng KL, Lam CC, Chan AK, Sze KF, Wong WK. Enhancement of excretory production of an exoglucanase from Escherichia coli with phage shock protein A (PspA) overexpression. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011; 21:637-645.
Wang YY, Ng KL, Lam, CC, Chan, KN, Sze KF, Fu ZB, Wong WKR. Efficient Bacillus subtilis promoters for graded expression of heterologous genes in Escherichia coli. Res J Biotechnol. 2010; 5:5-14.
- 2015 – present, Marie Curie Alumni Association
- 2015 – 2017, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship, European Commission (Grant ID: 660156)