Rahul Jandial, M.D., Ph.D.
- Associate Professor, Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery
- Neurosurgeon & Scientist
Rahul Jandial, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cancers of the Brain, Spine and Spinal Cord
- Neurosciences and Cancer
- Brain Metastasis (cancers that spread to the brain)
- Brain Microenvironment and Metastatic Tumors Cells
"In a time with so much uncertainty ... my skill and compassion is something you can rely on."
Neurosurgeon & Scientist, Rahul Jandial, M.D., Ph.D., has been with City of Hope since 2009 and is an associate professor.
As a surgeon, Dr. Jandial provides complex surgical treatment to patients with cancer. As a scientist, his laboratory investigates the biology of cancer metastasis (spread) to the brain. He has authored 10 books and over 100 academic articles on surgery, neuroscience and cancer biology.
- 2009 - present, Associate Professor, Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA.
- 2009 - present, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- 2008 - 2011, Adjunct Assistant Professor, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA
- 2008, Clinical Instructor, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- 2006 - 2008, Instructor, Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Brain Tumors
- Breast Cancer
- Spine Tumors
- 2008, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA., Doctor of Philosophy
- 2000, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA. Doctor of Medicine
- 1995, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA., B.A., Molecular and Cell Biology, with Honors
- 2000 - 2006, University of California, San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA. Resident Neurosurgeon, Division of Neurological Surgery.
- 2000 - 2001, University of California at San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA. Surgery Internship.
- Board Certified by American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- 2011 California State
June 05, 2017
March 14, 2017
January 12, 2017
September 16, 2016
September 07, 2016
April 08, 2016
February 09, 2016
October 17, 2014
March 16, 2014
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- International Neurosurgical Children's Association
- San Diego County Medical Society
- Society for Neuro-Oncology
- 2015 - Breakthrough Award, Department of Defense
- 2012 - Research Award, ThinkCure!
- 2010 - Excellence Award, City of Hope
- 2009 - Scholar, Oncology Development Award, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- 2009 - Cancer Research Award, STOPCancer Foundation
- 2008 - Distinguished Professor Teaching Award, University of California
- 2008 - Brain Tumor Award, American Brain Tumor Foundation
- 2008 - Research Award, Neurosurgery Research Education Foundation
- 2007 - Community Service Award, American Medical Association
- 2007 - Penfield Research Award, Congress of Neurosurgeons
- 2006 - Excellence in Medicine, American Medical Association
- 2004 - Public Service Award, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- 2003 - Excellence in Teaching, UCSD - School of Medicine
- 2000 - Dean's Scholar, University of Southern California - School of Medicine
- 1994 - Dean's List, University of California, Berkeley