Sean X. Zhang, Ph.D., M.S.
1998, The American Board of Medical Physics-Radiation Oncology Physics
2001, The American Board of Medical Physics-Diagnostic Imaging Physics
M.S., Tongji University, Shanghai, China
M.S., MS-Medical Physics, University of Missouri - Columbia, Columbia, MO
Ph.D., Radiological Sciences – Therapeutic Radiation Physics, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX
2012-present, Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2012-present, Sr. Physicist, Department of Radiation Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2009-2012, Associate Faculty Member, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
2009-2012, Associate Professor, Department of Radiation Physics, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
2003-2009, Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Physics, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
2001-2003, Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
2000-2001, Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
1998-2000, Assistant Professor, Department of Radiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX
1997, Young Investigator Award, AAPM Southwest Chapter
1985, Best Graduate Award, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
American Association of Medical Physicist, Member
American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, Associate Member
- Wang X, Zhang X, Li X, Amos RA, Shaitelman SF, Hoffman K, Howell R, Salehpour M, Sun TL, Zhang SX, Smith B, Tereffe W, Perkins GH, Buchholz TA, Strom EA, Woodward WA. Accelerated partial-breast irradiation using intensity-modulated proton radiotherapy: do uncertainties outweigh potential benefits? British Journal of Radiology, 86(1029):2013176, 2013 Sept.
- Kim MM, Kudchadker RJ, Kanke JE, Zhang S, Perkins GH. Bolus electron conformal therapy for the treatment of recurrent inflammatory breast cancer: a case report. Medical Dosimetry, 37(2):208-13, 2012.
- Wang X, Pan T, Pinnix C, Zhang SX, Saehpour M, Sun TL, Gladish G, Strom EA, Perkins GH, Tereffe W, Woodward W, Hoffman KE, Buchholz TA, Yu TK. Cardia motion during deep-inspiration breath-hold: implications for breast cancer radiotherapy. Int J of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics. 82(2): 708-14, 2012 .Feb.
- Wang X, Amos RA, Zhang X, Taddei PJ, Woodward WA, Hoffman KE, Yu TK, Tereffe W, Oh J, Perkins GH, Salehpour M, Zhang SX, Sun TL, Gillin M, Buchholz TA, Strom EA. External-beam accelerated partial breast irradiation using multiple proton beam configurations. Int J of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics. 80(5): 1464-72, 2011 Aug.
- Zhang SX, Liengsawangwong P, Lindsay P, Karl P, Sun TL, Steadham, Wang X, Salehpour M, Gillin M. Clinical Implementation of Electron Energy Changes Varian Linear Accelerators. J of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. 10(4): 177-187, 2009.
- Zhang SX, Goa J, Buchholz TA, Wang Z, Salehpour MR, Drezek RA, Yu TK. Quantifying Tumor-Selective Radiation Dose Enhancements Using Gold Nanoparticles: a Monte Carlo Simulation Study. Biomedical Microdevices 11(4):925-933, 2009.
- Wang X, Yu T, Salehpour M, Zhang SX, Sun TL, Buchholz T. Breast Cancer Regional Radiation Fields for Supraclavicular and Axillary Lymph Nodes Treatment: Is a Posterior Axillary Boost Field Technique Optimal? Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74(1):86-91, 2009.
- Waggener R, Bloug M, Terry J, Chen D , Lee N, Zhang X, McDavid W. X-ray spectra estimation using attenuation measurements from 25 kVp to 18 MV. Medical Physics 26(7):1269-78, 1999.
- Zhang X, Hevezi J, Marbach J, Salter B, Waggener R. Extraction of a 1 cm x 1 cm elementary beam from broad beam profiles for use in IMRT dose calculations. Medical Physics 24:1074, 1997.
- Zhang X, Wang J. An Analytical Study of a Simplified Method of Measuring Airborne Sound Insulation in Dwellings. Applied Acoustics 26:209-215, 1989.