As a pioneer in advancing care for all hematologic cancers and related blood disorders, City of Hope leads the field as one of the largest and most successful hematology centers in the United States. Our dedicated, multidisciplinary team combines innovative research discoveries with superior clinical treatments to improve outcomes for patients with the most common to incredibly rare hematologic diseases, including leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, amyloidosis, myelodysplastic syndrome, and other benign hematologic disorders.
Physician Referral Fax: 949-777-6750
Clinical trial participation is a critical aspect of care for many patients living with cancer. Our patients can access more than 1,000 innovative Phase 1–3 clinical trials at City of Hope each year — more cancer-focused clinical trials than anywhere in the area — to provide patients with promising new treatments long before they become the standard of care.
Driving the field forward, City of Hope Orange County is helping to pioneer international hematology treatments.
- Developing new therapies, including gene, vaccine, antibody-based and CAR T cell therapy — and combining immunotherapy with radiation therapy — to bolster the immune system response to cancer.
- Pioneering groundbreaking therapies for cutaneous lymphoma, including skin-directed and light therapies.
- Expertise with rare lymphoma subtypes, including cutaneous T cell lymphoma, double-hit B cell lymphomas and AIDS-related lymphomas.
- City of Hope is one of the world’s largest and most successful bone marrow and blood stem cell transplant centers. The Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research has ranked City of Hope as an “overperforming” transplant center.
- Recognized with Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) and Specialized Center of Research (SCOR) awards.
- City of Hope holds one of only three lymphoma-focused SPOREs and one of only two mantle cell lymphoma SCORs.
A trailblazing integrative medicine program combining the best of Western medicine and evidence-based complementary therapies, such as acupuncture, massage and meditation.
City of Hope is a national leader in evidence-based supportive care. The Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center at the comprehensive cancer center in Irvine will facilitate easy access to a wide range of programs, including care navigation, survivorship programs, psychological and spiritual counseling, pain management and more.
Fills and dispenses prescriptions and offers over-the-counter medications, alleviating the burden of going elsewhere.
A full-service salon and specialty shopping experience with oncology-trained cosmetologists.
With a focus on targeted treatments and clinical trials, our physician scientists for hematology are also industry leading pioneers in long-term strategies that have dramatically improved the lives of patients with leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease, multiple myeloma and more.
Executive Medical Director, Hematology,
City of Hope Orange County
Director, Judy and Bernard Briskin Multiple
Medical Director of Lymphoma
City of Hope Orange County
Director, Chronic Lymphocytic
Leukemia Program, Toni Stephenson
Sub-specializing in complex lymphoma,
non-malignant hematology, myelodysplastic
syndrome and myeloproliferative neoplasms,
hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT), and
chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy (CART) LFCC
City of Hope believes that patients benefit from a collaboration between us and their referring physicians. We work in partnership with you, communicating with you frequently, and focusing on helping patients return to your care when they complete their treatment. Learn more about our programs and services.