To date we have raised over 1.5 million to fund 26 early research studies into women's cancers at City of Hope. These critical pilot studies often have difficulty getting funding & need research data to apply for much larger study grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Defense (DOD) etc. for Phase 1 or 2 trials. In April, C1500 members get to vote each year on which studies to fund. Throughout the year we get updates and hear outcomes from our funded studies. Some of our member also can participate in these ground breaking studies.
We help make possible these critical advances in cancer research to improve the future for women and families everywhere.
C1500 Funded Pilot Research Studies
- A Next-Generation Blood Test for the Early Detection of Ovarian Cancer - Dr. Ajay Goel
- Developing a Quick Test to ID BC Patients Who Benefit from PARP Inhibitor Therapy - Dr. Christina Wei
- Development for a Genomic Risk for Profile for Uterine Cancer - Dr. Scott Glaser
- Pap-Smear Derived Vesicles to Support Early Diagnosis of Ovarian Cancers - Dr. Mihae Song
- Biological Characterization of Women with High Density Breast Tissue - Shiuan Chen, Ph.D & Dr. Lisa Yee
- Identify Biomarkers & Mechanisms of Long Lastin Response to Immunotherapy in Metastaytic Breast Cancer - Colt Egelston, Ph.D & Dr. Yuan Yuan, Ph.D
- Investigate Links Between Parabens & Breast Cancer Risks for Black Breast Cancer Survivors; Develop Community Intervention to Reduce Harmful Environmental Exposures - Lindsey Trevino, Ph.D & Dede Teteh, Ph.D
- Develop a Blood Test for Aggressive Luminal Breast Cancer Detection & Treatment - Tijana Talisman, Ph.D, Dr. Daniel Schmolze & Dr. Veronica Jones
- LncRNA As Predictive Biomarkers In HER2+ Breast Cancer - Dr. Christina Wei
- Effects of Exercise On Bone Marrow Fat and Bone Qulity in Postmenapausal Breast Cancer Patients On Aromatase Inhibitors - Dr. Azarmindokht Khosravi
- Randomized Trial in Reduction of Acute Radiation Related Skin Reactions & Impact on Quality of Life, Comparing Two Topical Creams - Dr. Scott Glaser and Dr. Jennifer Novak
- Partially Funded: Integrating Quality Psychosocial Care for All: Meting the Unique Needs of Monolingual Oncology Patients - Ruby Banuelos Calhoun and Courtney Bitz
- Targeted Trastuzumab for the Treatment of HER2 Positive Breast Cancers - Dr. Jeremy King, PhD
- PARP Inhibitor Therapy in Older Women with Recurrent Ovarian Cancer - Dr. Daphne Stewart
- An Insulin Resistance Breast Cancer Lifestyle Pilot Program - Dr. Raynald Samoa
- Identify a New T Cell Therapy for Breast Cancer Patients - Colt Egelston, PhD
- Quantitative Assessment of HER2 Resistance in Breast Cancer Patients, Tijana Talisman - PhD and Dr. Daniel Schmolze
- Trial of Natural Supplement, Pterostilbene, with & without Megestrol, for Endometrial Cancer - Dr. Thanh Dellinger, MD
- Understanding Barriers to Clinical Trials for Older Adults with Breast Cancer - Dr. Mina Sedrak
- Breast Cancer Cells & Aging Study - Dr. Mark LaBarge
- Gut Bacteria Effects on Neuropathy - Drs. Edouard Cantin and Niki Tank
- Molecular Mechanisms of Exercise and Breast Cancer Prevention: A Community-Based Exercise Trial - Jessica Clague DeHart, Ph.D.
- RNA Biology in Cancer Cell Response to Radiotherapy - Jeremy Stark, Ph.D
- Next Generation Drug Discovery for Treating Herceptin Resistant Breast Cancer - Dr. Jacob Berlin, Ph.D
- Pancreatic Nutrition Program - Dr. Joanne Mortimer, Jessica Clague DeHart, Ph.D.