David A. Horak, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.C.C.P.
- Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Specialties
- Chief, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
David A. Horak, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.C.C.P.
- Medical Intensivist
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Head & Neck and Thoracic Oncology
- 1974 -1978, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, M.D
- 1970 -1974, Stanford University, CA, B.S. with Distinction, Biology
- 1981 -1983, Fellow in Pulmonary Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- 1979 -1981, Internal Medicine Residency, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- 1978 -1979, Straight Medical Internship, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- 2007, Critical Care Medicine Board Recertification, American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1997, Critical Care Medicine Board Recertification, American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1987, Critical Care Medicine Board Certification, American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1984, Pulmonary Disease Subspecialty Board Certification, American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1983, Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification
- 1982-present, American Red Cross Advanced CPR Certification
- 1981, Radiation Supervisor Certification, State of California
- 1981, Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1979, Diplomate National Board of Medical Examiners
- 1979 - present, California Medical License
- 1979 - present, DEA
Groeger JS, Glassman J, Nierman DM, Wallace SK, Price K, Horak D, Landsberg D. Probability of mortality of critically ill cancer patients at 72 h of intensive care unit (ICU) management. Supportive Care Cancer 2003;11:686-695.
Bach PB, Schrag D, Nierman DM, Horak D, White P, Young JW, Groeger JS. Identification of poor prognostic features among patients requiring mechanical ventilation after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Blood 2001;98:3234-3240.
Groeger JS, White P Jr, Nierman DM, Glassman J, Shi W, Horak D, Price K. Outcome of Cancer Patients Requiring Mechanical Ventilation. Journal of Clinical Oncology 1999;17:991-997.
Groeger JS, Lemeshow S, Price K, Nierman DM, White P Jr, Klar J, Granovsky S, Horak D, Kish SK. Multicenter Outcome Study of Cancer Patients Admitted to the Intensive Care Unit: A Probability of Mortality Model. Journal of Clinical Oncology 1998;16:761-770.
Horak DA, Schmidt GM, Zaia JA, Niland JC, Ahn C, Forman SJ. Pretransplant pulmonary function predicts cytomegalovirus-associated interstitial pneumonia following bone marrow transplantation. Chest 1992;102:1484-1490.
Levy H, Horak DA, Tegtmeier B, Yokota SB, Forman SJ. The value of bronchoalveolar lavage in the diagnosis of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. Respiratory Medicine 1992;86:243-248
Schmidt GM, Horak DA, Niland JC, Duncan SR, Forman SJ, Zaia JA and the City of Hope-Stanford-Syntex CMV Study Group. A randomized, controlled trial of prophylactic ganciclovir for cytomegalovirus pulmonary infection in allogeneic bone marrow transplant recipients. New England Journal of Medicine 1991;324:1005-1011.
Desai KR, Horak DA, Levy H, Forell BW, Pezner RD, Lipsett JA, Findley DO. Stability of the transnasal catheter in endobronchial brachytherapy as a function of time. Endocurietherapy / Hyperthermia Oncology 1990;6:65-69.
Pezner RD, Horak DA, Sayagh H, Lipsett JA. Spontaneous pneumothorax in patients irradiated for Hodgkin's disease and other malignant lymphomas. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology and Physics 1990;18:193-198.
Schmidt GM, Kovacs A, Zaia JA, Horak DA, Blume KG, Nadamanee AP O'Donnell MR, Snyder DS and Forman SJ. Ganciclovir/Immunoglobulin combination therapy for the treatment of human cytomegalovirus associated interstitial pneumonia in bone marrow allograft recipients. Transplantation 1988;46:905-907.
Levy H, Horak DA, Lewis MI. The value of bronchial washings and bronchoalveolar lavage in the diagnosis of lymphangitic carcinomatosis. Chest 1988;94:1028-1030.
Lewis M, Horak D. Airflow obstruction in sarcoidosis (editorial). Chest 1987; 92:582-584.
Lewis M, Horak D, Yellin A, Rotter A, Belman M, Benfield J. The case of the moving intrathoracic mass. Chest 1985; 88:897-898.
Mohsenifar Z, Horak D, Brown HV, Koerner SK: Sensitive indices of improvement in a pulmonary rehabilitation program. Chest 1983; 83:189-192.
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Thoracic Society
- Member, California Thoracic Society
- Member, National Association for Medical Direction of Respiratory Care
- Member, Los Angeles Count