Jaroslava Salman, M.D.
Jaroslava Salman, M.D., is an assistant clinical professor of psychiatry in the Department of Supportive Care Medicine.
Dr. Salman earned her medical doctorate from the University of P.J. Safarik in Kosice, Slovakia. She completed her residency in general psychiatry through the University of California, Los Angeles San Fernando Valley’s (UCLA-SFV) psychiatry residency program where residents rotate through a variety of clinical settings, including the outpatient clinics at the Sepulveda VA Ambulatory Care Center, the inpatient wards and psychiatric emergency room at Olive View-UCLA Medical Center, multiple community clinics and the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital of UCLA. She furthered her training with a fellowship in psychosomatic medicine at UCLA-Olive View Medical Center.
Double-board certified in general psychiatry and neurology and psychosomatic medicine, Dr. Salman served as chair of the Women’s Committee of the Southern California Psychiatric Society from 2009 to 2013. She is the recipient of various awards including UCLA-SFV Psychiatry Residency Program’s “Polished Diamond Award,” acknowledging her as the outstanding graduating resident. While on faculty at Keck School of Medicine of USC, she received the Outstanding Teacher Award from the Psychiatry Residency Program in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- 2015-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Psychiatry, Department of Supportive Care Medicine, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011-2014, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- 2014-2015, Department of Supportive Care Medicine, City of Hope: Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- 2012-2014, C&L Psychiatry Service Keck Hospital of USC: Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- 2012-2013, Medical Director of Inpatient Psychiatry Unit at Keck UH, LA, CA
- 1998, M.D., University of P.J. Safarik, Kosice, Slovakia
- 2010-2011, Psychosomatic Medicine Fellowship, UCLA – Olive View, Los Angeles, CA
- 2006-2010, General Psychiatry Residency program, UCLA-San Fernando Valley , Los Angeles, CA
- 2011, General Psychiatry and Neurology
- Saba Syed, M.D., Neena Sachinvala, M.D., and Jaroslava Salman, M.D., “Mother or Fetus? Where do our obligations lie?”
- Values in Action – City of Hope – Islet Cell Transplant Program
- 2015, Fellow of the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine
- 2014, Teacher’s Award – USC Psychiatry Residency Program
- 2013, Teacher's Award – USC Psychiatry Residency Program PGY II residents
- 2012, Teacher’s Award – USC Psychiatry Residency Program PGY II residents
- 2012, Appreciation Award –Southern California Psychiatric Society
- 2010, UCLA –SFV Psychiatry Residency Program “Polished Diamond Award” - Outstanding Graduating Resident