Head and Neck Cancer Support Services
Living With A Head And Neck Cancer
Once I was done with treatments, I was hiking and getting back on track as soon as I was able.
Kurt Deetz, head and neck cancer survivor
When you come to City of Hope, you automatically gain access to an unparalleled array of support services to help you and your loved ones take each step during and after your head and neck cancer treatment.
We can help with all of the following concerns, and more:
- Managing symptoms and side effects such as pain, nausea and fatigue
- Rehabilitating your ability to speak, chew and swallow after therapy
- Adjusting to dietary changes
- Handling emotional, social and spiritual issues
- Coping with stress
- Navigating the health care system
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with expert nutrition and physical activity guidance
- Building caregiver skills
- Improving communications with family, partners and loved ones
- Restoring normalcy in your family, job or school routine
- Returning to wellness after active treatment
Learn more about these resources at our Living with Cancer or Supportive Care Medicine sites.
For more information about the supportive care programs we offer, please contact the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center at 626-218-CARE (2273).