The Interventional Pulmonology Program at City of Hope's main campus in Duarte, California, offers state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment. Our multidisciplinary team specializes in lung cancer and other malignancies that can affect the airway.
Combining patient-centered care with expertise and technology at the forefront of thoracic medicine, the Interventional Pulmonology Program provides the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic interventions available, including rigid bronchoscopy, medical pleuroscopy and robot-assisted bronchoscopy.
Compassion comes first at City of Hope. We will work with you to develop a personalized care plan in order to aid you in your road to recovery and will employ leading-edge medical and procedural treatments.
Tests and Treatments Offered
- Rigid bronchoscopy (enables the physician to perform advanced therapies including debridement of proximal airways)
- Endobronchial ultrasound with biopsy (combining ultrasound with bronchoscopy for tissue testing)
- Robotic bronchoscopy (a precision procedure using robotic technology to allow better access to the airway and increased accuracy)
- Medical pleuroscopy (a minimally invasive technique for imaging, biopsy or treatment)
- Photodynamic therapy (a light-activated treatment for tumors)