What clinical trials are offered for prostate cancer?
At City of Hope, prostate cancer clinicians and researchers collaborate extensively to develop and evaluate new therapies for better survival and quality-of-life outcomes. Our patients have access to a wide variety of clinical trials including new chemotherapy and targeted therapies, hormone therapies with fewer side effects, novel surgical techniques, innovative radiation approaches and new prevention strategies.
These trials give current patients access to promising, leading-edge therapies and improve overall care for future patients worldwide. Visit our clinical trials page to learn more about current studies and their eligibility criteria.
Prostate cancer research
Some of our current research projects include:
- Using focused ultrasound to heat up and destroy prostate cancer
- Identifying and incorporating biomarkers for better detection of prostate cancer development, progression and recurrence, possibly bypassing the need for biopsies to make a diagnosis
- Using neural stem cells to target and deliver cancer-fighting drugs to prostate cancer cells throughout the body
- New imaging methods to detect microscopic disease outside the prostate
- Using re-engineered immune cells to target and attack prostate cancer throughout the body
- Examining the benefits of surgery for patients with metastatic prostate cancer
- Use of natural therapies, such as white mushroom powder, to help prevent prostate cancer recurrence
- Long-term follow-up with prostate cancer survivors to detect and manage long-term effects and improve their quality of life