City of Hope is the leading center in Southern California for treating cancers of the thymus, prompting physicians all over the globe to refer cases to us. Our patient-centered approach brings together a team of compassionate medical experts who act with urgency and collaborate seamlessly to defeat thymic malignancies.
- What are thymoma and thymic carcinomas?
- What are the treatments for thymoma and thymic carcinomas?
- Meet our thymoma and thymic carcinoma team
- What clinical trials are being offered for thymoma and thymic carcinoma?
- Living with thymoma and thymic carcinoma
Request an Appointment
If you have been diagnosed with thymoma or thymic carcinoma, or are looking for a second opinion consultation about your treatment, request an appointment online or contact us at 800-826-4673. Please visit Making Your First Appointment for more information.
- Comprehensive diagnostic tools
- Innovative, minimally invasive surgical approaches that reduce side effects and recovery time
- Highly precise radiation delivery, including helical Tomotherapy
- Individually customized chemotherapy and hormone therapy regimens
- Clinical trials that offer promising new approaches to detect and treat thymus cancer
Patients also have access to our extensive slate of supportive care services, to help you and your caregivers achieve and maintain a better quality of life during and after your treatment for thymus cancer.
What are thymic malignancies?
Treatment options for thymoma and thymic carcinomas
Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy
City of Hope’s renowned physicians and researchers utilize the latest technologies to treat thymic malignancies, all while providing unmatched compassionate care.
Research for thymic malignancies
Living with thymoma and thymic carcinomas
When you come to City of Hope, you automatically gain access to an unparalleled array of support services to help you and your family take each step during and after your treatment for thymoma or thymic carcinoma. We can help with the following concerns and more:
- Managing side effects
- Pain management
- Navigating the health care system
- Your emotional, social and spiritual health
- Fertility and sexuality concerns
- Handling and coping with stress
- Staying healthy and active
- Healthy cooking and eating
- Healing arts
- Caregiver skills
- Restoring normalcy in your family, job or school routine
SUPPORT THE THYMOMA MALIGNANCIES PROGRAM
We deliver exquisite care at the leading edge of cancer treatment. It takes the help of a lot of caring people to make hope a reality for our patients. City of Hope was founded by individuals' philanthropic efforts over 100 years ago. Their efforts – and those of our supporters today – have built the foundation for the care we provide and the research we conduct. It enables City of Hope to strive for new breakthroughs and better therapies – helping more people enjoy longer, better lives.
For more information on supporting this specific program, please contact our Philanthropy department at [email protected] or calling 800-667-5310. Or, you can Donate Now to make a gift to support all the research at City of Hope.