A urethral stricture is a narrowing of the urethra that makes it difficult for a man to pass urine. The narrowing can occur anywhere along the urethra, from the bladder neck, to the end of the penis. It may be caused by scarring from an injury, infection or swelling. When a narrowing in the ureter occurs, the kidney cannot function normally and will be damaged over time.
If you are experiencing pain, having problems when urinating or have been told you have a urethral stricture, talk to City of Hope. Our team of expert urologists use leading-edge methods to diagnose and treat the various urologic conditions that affect millions of men.
- RESEARCH & EDUCATION
- Find a Scientist
- Beckman Research Institute
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Hematologic Malignancies Research Institute
- Diabetes & Metabolism Research Institute
- Irell & Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences
- Continuing Medical Education
- Find a Clinical Trial
- Graduate Medical Education