Emmanuel John Mitsinikos, M.D.
- Urologic Oncology
Other Languages Spoken
From a very early age I knew I wanted to help people.”
Emmanuel Mitsinikos, M.D., is passionate about finding and employing the latest technologies to give his patients the best possible care. He makes a point of educating patients about all their options, “so they are more readily equipped to make the right decision for themselves.”
Dr. Mitsinikos joined City of Hope after six years at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center. He earned his medical degree at Keck School of Medicine of USC.
Dr. Mitsinikos takes pride in helping patients return to their normal lives. He has written papers on nerve-sparing surgical techniques which help preserve men's functioning and fertility. He feels City of Hope is a perfect fit, both for its patient-centered care and its reputation for research.
“When thinking of leading-edge medical advancement and treatment,” he says, “you don't have to look much further than City of Hope.”
- 2018-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Urology and Urologic Oncology, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- 2012, Doctor of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Los Angeles, CA
- 2008, Bachelor of Arts, Biological Sciences and Business Administration, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Los Angeles, CA
- 2012-2018, Urology, Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
2017, Mitsinikos E, Abdelsayed GA, Bider Z, Kilday PS, Elliott PA, Banapour P, Chien GW. “Does the Level of Assistant Experience Impact Operative Outcomes for Robot-Assisted Partial Nephrectomy?” Journal of Endourology, vol. 31, no. 1, 2017, pp. 38–42
2016, Mitsinikos E, Safavy S, Brusky J, Patel H. “Case Report: Repeat Testicular Torsion after Prior Trans-Scrotal Orchidopexy”. In process of submission
2016, Mitsinikos E¸ Banapour P, Becker D, Tenggardjaja CF. “Association of Post-Procedure Acute Kidney Injury Following Perioperative Administration of Sodium Fluorescein”. Presented at WSAUA 2016 and SUFU 2017 Annual Meetings. In process of submission
2011, Mitsinikos E, Tadros N, Daneshmand S. “Nerve-Sparing Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection in Metastatic Testicular Cancer.” Presented at the WSAUA 2011 Annual Meeting
- 2009, Association of Pathology Chairs Pathology Honor Society