Patient Care Education, Evidence Based Practice and Research
The continuing education and professional development opportunities offered by Patient Care Education, Evidence Based Practice and Research are multifaceted, from nursing residencies to major national conferences.
But our goal is singular: We aim to enhance the skills of the compassionate professionals who deliver care. In this way, we both help clinical staff advance their careers and improve quality of care for patients.
The training we provide has unique, extensive reach:
- More than nursing education, our programs include a host of allied health professionals.
- Beyond nursing educators, our curricula feature instructors from many disciplines, including top scientists and physician-researchers.
- More than training for new nurses, our offerings serve clinical providers at all stages of their careers.
- Beyond City of Hope staff, our programs educate health professionals from around Southern California and around the nation.
Many of our programs grow out of the strengths of City of Hope as an institution, including its innovative research profile and pioneering program in hematopoietic cell transplantation. As a result, we deliver excellence in education across a range of essential skills and leading-edge topics:
- blood and bone marrow transplantation
- cellular therapies
- clinical research
- wound and ostomy care
- geriatric oncology
- LGBT health disparities