Anna Pawlowska, M.D.
1985, K. Marcinkowski University School of Medicine, Poznan, Poland, M.D.
1995-1998, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplantation Fellow
1992-1995, Resident, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO
1986-1990, Resident, Dept. of Dermatology, University Medical School, Poznan, Poland
1985-1986, Transitional Internship, University Medical Center, Poznan, Poland,
2012-present, Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2011-present, Director, Pediatric Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Program, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2010-present, Director, Pediatric Clinical Trials, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2012-present, Chair, Data and Safety Monitoring Committee, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2011-present, Institutional PI for Children's Oncology Group, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2006-present, Auditor, Children's Oncology Group
2009-2012, Associate Clinical Director, Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2011, Interim Chair, Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2000-2009, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
1999-2000, Physician, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Minneapolis Children's Hospital, Minneapolis, MN
1998, The Margaret K Hostetter Award for Research by a Fellow in Pediatric Subspecialty Training
1998, First Place Presentation, University of Minnesota Pediatric Fellows Research Conference
1985, Frederic Schiller Gold Medal For Scientific Achievements, University of Jena, Germany
1985, Karol Marcinkowski Medal for Academic Excellence, University School of Medicine, Poznan, Poland
1985, Polish Society for Immunology Scientific Award
American Society of Hematology
American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
Pawlowska AB, Sun V, Calvert GT, Karras NA, Sato JK, Anderson CP, Cheng JC, DiMundo JF, Femino JD, Lu J, Yang D, Dagis A, Miser JS, Rosenthal J. Long-Term Follow-up of High-Dose Chemotherapy with Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation in Children and Young Adults with Metastatic or Relapsed Ewing Sarcoma: A Single-Institution Experience, BBMT September 29, 2020, Volume 27, Issue 1, Pages 72.el – 72.e7
Patel SK, Miranda L, Delgado N, Barreto N, Nolty A. Kelly NC, Wilson K, Toomey D, Pawlowska A. Adaptation of an Intervention to Reduce Disparities in School HRQOL for Latino Childhood Cancer Survivors Journal of Pediatric Psychology, Volume 45, Issue 8, September 2020, Pages 921–932
Anna B Pawlowska AB, Karras NA, Liu H, DiMundo J, Cheng JC, Sun W, Armenian S, Yang D, Palmer JM, Bell A, Tahoun A, Tegtmeier B, Dadwal S, Rosenthal J. Reactivation of Human Herpesvirus 6 in Pediatric Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Recipients. Transpl Infect Dis. 2021 Feb;23(1):e13453. dOI: 10.1111/tid.13453. Epub 2020 Sep 22.
Ross JA, Karras N, Tegtmeier B, Yamada C, Chen J, Sun Weili, Pawlowska A, Rosenthal J, Zaia J, Dadwal S. Safety of Isavuconazonium Sulfate in Pediatrics Patients With Hematologic Malignancies and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation With Invasive Fungal Infections: A Real World Experience. Journal Pediatric Hematology Oncology2020 May;42(4):261-265. doi: 10.1097/MPH.0000000000001787
Schultz KR, Kariminia A, Ng B, Abdossahadi S, Lauener M, Nemecek ER, Wahlstrom JT, Kitk CL, Lewis VA, Schechter T, Jacobsohn DA, Harris AC, Pulsipher MA, Bittencourt H, Choi SW, Caywood EH, Kasow KA, Bhatia M, Oshrine BR, Flower A, Chaudhury S, Coulter D, Chewning JH, Joyce M, Savason S, Pawlowska AB, et. al. Immune Profile Differences Between Chronic GVHD and Late Acute GVHD: Results of the ABLE/PBMTC1202Studies Blood.2020 Apr 9;135(15):1287-1298. DOI:10.1182/blood.2019003186
Li Y, Sun V, Sun W, Pawlowska A. Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm in Children. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 2020 Jun;34(3):601-612.
Sun W, Liu H, Kim Y, Karras N, Pawlowska A, Toomey D, Kyono W, Gaynon P, Rosenthal J, Stein A. First pediatric experience of SL-401, a CD123-targeted therapy, in patients with blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm: report of three cases. J. Hematol Oncol 2018 May 2; 11 (1):61
Pawlowska AB, Cheng JC, Karras NA, Sun W, Wang LD, Bell AD, Gutierrez L, Rosenthal J. HLA Haploidentical Stem Cell Transplant with Pretransplant Immunosuppression for Patients with Sickle Cell Disease Biol Blood Marrow Transplant, 2018 Jan;24(1);185-189. DOI: 10.16/j.bbmt. 2017.08.039. Epub 2017, Sep 20
Rosenthal J, Pawlowska A, Bolotin E, Cervantes C, Maroongroge S, Thomas SH, Forman SJ. Transplant-associated thrombotic microangiopathy in pediatric patients treated with sirolimus and tacrolimus. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011 Jul 15;57(1):142-6
Rosenthal J, Pawlowska AB. High dose chemotherapy and stem cell rescue in high-risk Ewing family of tumors (EFT). Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2011 Feb;11(2):251-62
Pawlowska AB. Detection of minimal residual disease in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: technology and clinical applications. Wspolczesna Onkologia (Current Oncology) 2005, 9, 178-182.
- Mackiewicz A, Pawlowski T, Pawlowska A, Wiktorowicz K, Mackiewicz SH. Microheterogeneity forms of a-1-acid glycoprotein as indicator of rheumatoid arthritis activity. Clin Chim Acta 1987, 163, 185-190
- Pawlowska AB, Davies SM, Orchard PJ, Wagner JE, Ramsay NKC. Unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation for acute leukemia in patients with Down syndrome. Bone Marrow Transplantation 1996, 18, 453-455.
- Pawlowska AB, Blazar BR, Angelucci E, Baronciani D, Shu XO, Bostrom B. Relationship of plasma pharmacokinetics of high dose oral busulfan to the outcome of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in children with thalassemia. Bone Marrow Transplantation 1997, 20, 915-920
- Pawlowska AB, Hashino S, McKenna H, Weigel BJ, Taylor PA, Blazar BR. In vitro tumor-pulsed or in vivo Fit3 ligand-generated dedritic cells provide protection against acute myelogenous leukemia in nontransplanted or syngeneic bone marrow-transplanted mice. Blood 2001, 97, 1474-1482
- Pawlowska AB. Detection of minimal residual disease in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: technology and clinical applications. Wspolczesna Onkologia (Current Oncology) 2005, 9, 178-182
- Rosenthal J, Bolotin E, Shakhnovits M, Pawlowska A, Falk P, Qian D, Oliver C, Sato J, Miser J, Forman S. High-dose therapy with hematopoietic stem cell rescue in patients with poor prognosis Ewing family tumors. Bone Marrow Transplant. 42(5):311-8, 2008.
- Rosenthal J, Pawlowska AB. High dose chemotherapy and stem cell rescue in high-risk Ewing family of tumors (EFT). Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2011 Feb;11(2):251-62.
- Rosenthal J, Wollfrey AE, Pawlowska AB, Thomas SH, Appelbaum F, Forman S. Hematopoietic cell transplantation with autologous cord blood in patients with severe aplastic anemia: An opportunity to revisit the controversy regarding cord blood banking for private use. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011 Mar 2. DOI:10.1002/pbc.22970 [Epub ahead of print].