Antoine Lyonel Carré, M.D., M.P.H.
Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic surgery
Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery, General surgery
2008-2009, Master of Public Health, Emphasis in Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
2001-2005, Doctor of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
2016-2017, Plastic Surgery Microsurgery, Plastic Surgery Department, USC+LAC Medical Center
2013-2016, Plastic surgery, Plastic Surgery Department, University of Southern California+Los Angeles County Medical Center
2011-2013, Categorical General Surgery Resident, Department of Surgery, BIDMC Harvard
2005-2011, Categorical General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Stanford Medical Center
2008-2009, M.D., Master of Public Health, Emphasis in Health Policy and Management
2021-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Torrance, CA
2019-2021, Member, Regional Surgical Wound Care Committee,
Southern California Permanente Medical Group
2019-2021, Clinical Strategic Goals Physician Champion, Plastic Surgery Department, Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
2020–2021, Faculty Member, Professionalism Committee, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
2020-2021, Co-Chair, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Faculty, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Permanente Medicine National Product Council
- Raghuram A, Sung C, Yu R, Azadgoli B,Bouz A, Perrault, D, Lee G, Carre AL, Wong A. Systematic review of free flaps for post-oncologic hand defects. Submitted to the Journal of Microsurgery
- Perrault D, Gene K, Carre AL, Roy Y, Anmol C, Maxwell J, Carey J, Tseng W, Menendez L, Wong A. Risk Factors for Wound complications after sarcoma resection in the lower extremity. Annals of plastic surgery 2020; 3:2
- Carre AL1, Hu MS, James AW, Kawai K, Galvez MG, Longaker MT, Lorenz HP. β-Catenin-Dependent Wnt Signaling: A Pathway in Acute Cutaneous Wounding. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2018 Mar;141(3):669-678.
- Stone MA, Carre AL, Trasolini N, Minneti M, Omid R. Vascularized dermal autograft for the treatment of irreparable rotator cuff tears.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2018 Sep;27(9):1664-1671. doi: 10.1016/j.jse.2018.02.069. Epub 2018 May 8
- Azadgoli B, Carre AL, Perrault D, Wong A. Complex reconstruction of lower extremity following sarcoma resection:a literature review. Plastic and aesthetic research 2018;5:3
- Ho A, Carre AL, Patel KM. Oncologic reconstruction: General principles and techniques. J Surg Oncol. 2016 Jun; 113(8):852-64
- Carre AL, Andrews R. Chapter 2: Cholecystectomy. Minimally Invasive Surgery: Laparoscopy, Therapeutic Endoscopy and NOTES. JP medical publisher 2015
- Inayathullah M, Satheeshkumar KS, Malkovskiy AV, Carre AL, Sivanesan S, Hardesty JO, Rajadas J. Solvent microenvironments and copper binding alters the conformation and toxicity of a prion fragment. J.PLoS One. 2013 Dec 27;8(12): e85160. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0085160. eCollection 2013. PMID:2438646
- Kawai K, Larson BJ, Ishise H, Carre AL, S Nishimoto S. Calcium- based nanoparticles accelerate skin wound healing PloS one, 11/2011 - dx.plos.org
- Carre AL, Barrett L, Knowles JA, Kenichiro K, Lngaker MT, Lorenz HP. Fetal Mouse Skin Heals Scarlessly in a Chick Chorioallantoic Membrane Model System. Annals of Plastic Surgery: July 2012 - Volume 69 - Issue 1 - p 85–90
- Carre AL, James AW, Knowles J, Chang E, Longaker MT, Lorenz HP. Wingless protein (Wnt) expression in fetal wounds. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. September 2008; 207(3): S60-61.
- Xu Y, Hammerick KE, James AW, Carre AL, Leucht P, Giaccia AJ, Longaker MT. Histone deacetylase inhibitors rescue the osteogenic potential of hypoxia in adipose derived stem cells. Tissue Engineering Part A. Jun 8 2009, Epub ahead of print
- MacLeod L, James AW, Carre AL, Longaker MT, Lorenz HP. A review of the therapeutic potential of adipose-derived stem cells. Wound Healing Society Yearbook: Advances in Wound Care. May 2009.
- Carre AL, James AW, MacLeod L, Kong W, Kawai K, Longaker MT, Lorenz HP. Interaction of wingless protein (wnt), transforming growth factor-beta1, and hyaluronan production in embryonic and postnatal fibroblasts. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 125(1):74-88, January 2010.
- James AW, Theologis AA, Xu Y, Brugmann SA, Carre AL, Leucht P, Hamilton K, Korach KS, Longaker MT. Estrogen / estrogen receptor alpha signaling in posterofrontal cranial suture fusion. PLoS ONE. Feb 2010.
- James AW, Leucht P, Xu Y, Carre AL, Hammerick KE, Longaker MT, Helms JA. Hedgehog signaling controls the balance of osteogenic and adipogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stromal cells. Tissue Engineering Part A. Aug 2009
- James AW, Brugmann SA, Carre AL, Longaker MT. Invited commentary: Discharge prevalence estimation, high altitude and microtia in Ecuadorian patients. J,Perinatal Neonatal Medicine. Dec 2009.
- N.Morrell,P Leucht, L. Zhao, J. Kim, D. Berge, K. Ponnusamy, A. L. Carre,1 H. Dudek, M. Zachlederova, M. McElhaney, S. Brunton, J. Gunzner, M. Callow, P. Polakis, M. Costa, X. M. Zhang, J.A. Helms, Nusse R. Liposomal Packaging Generates Wnt Protein with In Vivo Biological Activity” PloS, One 2008; 3(8).
- Gitig A, Kishore P, Carre AL, Vileu C, abriely I, Hawkins M. Fructose Restores Hepatic Glucose Effectiveness in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.”. Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY. Journal of Investigative Medicine. Vol. 49 No2, March 2001. Pg 193