Liver Cancer Tests
What are the current screening guidelines for liver cancer?
There are currently no screening guidelines for liver cancer, since no screenings have been shown to lower risk of dying from liver cancer for people of average risk. However, your physician may recommend more vigorous monitoring if you are at a high risk of developing this disease, which includes:
- Hepatitis B or C infection
- Chronic liver diseases such as cirrhosis and fatty liver
- Genetic conditions such as hematochromatosis
Liver cancer diagnostic tests
Precise liver cancer tests are crucial for treatment planning, and City of Hope is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and specialized staff to ensure an accurate, comprehensive diagnosis of liver cancer.
Highlights of our screening and diagnosis services include:
- Advanced imaging technology to better identify and locate tumors
- Genomic and molecular profiling of the cancer, which can lead to more effective, less toxic treatments