Intensive Course in Genomic Cancer Risk Assessment
Click below to access the application
Enrollment Window Opens June 1 and Closes August 1.
For inquiries, click here.
The Intensive Course in Genomic Cancer Risk Assessment is a continuing medical education course for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, genetic counselors and other health care professionals seeking skills in this area.
The course runs from November through February each year. There is a track that combines distance learning with a four-day series of workshops on campus at City of Hope, as well as an online-only track.
Our approach is evidence-based and practice-centered. Those who take part will learn to translate rapid advances in genetics and genomics into cancer risk assessment, management and prevention practice.
At the conclusion of the Intensive Course in Genomic Cancer Risk Assessment, participants will be able to:
- Integrate cancer genetics and oncology knowledge into clinical practice
- Apply practitioner-level proficiency to cancer risk assessment and case management
- Recommend risk-appropriate options for cancer screening and prevention, including imaging, chemopreventive and surgical interventions
- Incorporate understanding of medical, ethical, legal and psychosocial ramifications of cancer risk counseling and testing into clinical practice and research collaboration
- Discuss clinical research methodologies in cancer genetics and epidemiology and cancer prevention trials for high-risk cohorts
- Provide resources and information on current hereditary cancer registries, cancer epidemiology and cancer prevention studies to patients and professional colleagues
- Incorporate Web-based resources into ongoing practice-based education, professional development and research support
Alumni of the course have the option to join our Clinical Cancer Genomics Community of Practice, a network currently numbering more than 1,000 clinicians, and to participate in our Clinical Cancer Genomics Community Research Network.
For More Information
To learn more about the Intensive Course in Genomic Cancer Risk Assessment, contact us at [email protected].