Farhad Mazdisnian, M.D.
American Board of Internal Medicine
Pulmonary Diseases and Critical Care Medicine
1992-1996, M.D., Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
1986-1990, Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Southern California School of Pharmacy, Los Angeles, CA
1978-1982, Bachelor of Science, Physics, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
2022-present, Clinical Professor and Chief, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2020, Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Christus St. Vincent Medical Center, Santa Fe, NM
2020, Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Interventional Pulmonology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Medical Center, Albuquerque, NM
2017-2019, Director, Interventional Pulmonology and complex airway diseases, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
2016, Chair, Search committee for section chief in Division of Nephrology, Long Beach VA Medical Center, Long Beach, CA
2013-2017, Director, Simulation-Lab, VA Medical Center, Long Beach, CA
2010-2017, Assistant Program Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship, UCI Medical Center, Irvine, CA
2009-2017, Coordinator, Senior Medical Student ICU Rotation, VA Medical Center, Long Beach, CA
2007-2017, Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, Chief, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Chief, Bronchoscopy and Interventional Pulmonary Procedures, VA Long Beach Healthcare System, Long Beach, CA
2003-2007, Physician in Charge, Kaiser Permanente, Lancaster, CA
1990-1992, Clinical Pharmacist and Instructor, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. Los Angeles, CA
2015, Outstanding Teaching Attending in Internal Medicine, University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange CA
2013, Outstanding Teaching Attending in Internal Medicine, UC Irvine Medical Center, Orange CA
2013, Lecturer, Kaiser Permanente Winter Symposium, Vail CO
2011, Lecturer, Kaiser Permanente Winter Symposium, Vail CO
2007, Physician of the Year, Kaiser Permanente Antelope Valley CA
2007, Leader and Teacher of Physicians Award, Kaiser Permanente, Antelope Valley, CA
American Medical Association
Fellow College of Chest Physicians
American Thoracic Society
California Thoracic Society
Society of Critical Care Medicine
European Respiratory Society
American Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology
- Taherian S, Rahai H, Gomez B, Waddington T, Mazdisnian F (co-author). Computational Fluid Dynamics Evaluation of Excessive Dynamic Airway Collapse. Manuscript submitted for publication to International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow
- Longoria JA, Fujiwara M, Guerra C, Lee JL, Sassoon CSH, Mazdisnian F (principal author). Teflon Injection into the Trachea Causes Predictable Fibroblastic Response and Collagen Deposition, A Pilot Study. J Bronchol Internt Pulmonol 23(4):283-287, October 2016.
- Mazdisnian F (principal author), Lin L, Thomas Waddington T. Abstract: Thoracic Ultrasound in confirming induced pneumothorax prior to medical thoracoscopy. Manuscript accepted for publication, Pleura 2016
- Fujiwara M, Sassoon C, Kota C, Mazdisnian F (principal author). Successful Closure of Bronchopleural Fistula With Xeroform Dressing. J Bronchol Intervnt Pulmonol. 19(3):251-254, July 2012.
- Chetty K, Swaroop BK, Mazdisnian F (co-author). Cerebral Abscess, A Rare Complication of Flexible Bronchoscopy. J Bronchol Intervent Pulmonol April 2010: 17(2).
- Mazdisnian F (co-author), Degregorio F, Mazdisnian F, Palmieri A. Intralesional injection of triamcinolone in the treatment of Lichen Sclerosus. J Reprod Med- 01-Apr-1999:44(4) 332-4.