Fornati Bedell, M.D., M.H.S.
I chose City of Hope because of its innovation and care for each individual as a whole.
2010-2014, Doctor of Medicine, Georgetown University, School of Medicine, Washington, DC
2009-2010, Post Baccalaureate, School of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
2007-2009, Masters of Health Sciences, Environmental Health Sciences, Toxicology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
2004-2008, Bachelor of Arts, Public Health/Premedicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
2015-2019, Residency, Urology, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland
2014-2015, Residency, General Surgery, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland
2019-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Urology and Urologic Oncology, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, California
2018-2019, IVUmed Traveling Resident Scholar Program
2007-2008, Johns Hopkins University Exemplary Leadership Award
2005-2006, Johns Hopkins University Owens-Hall-Bilgrav Award
- Woods-Burnham L, Johnson JR, Hooker Jr SE, Bedell FW, Dorff TB, Kittles RA. (2021). The Role of Diverse Populations in US Clinical Trials. Med, 2(1), 21-24.
- Luskin J, Fornati F, Mohan M, Krishnan K. Impact of Obesity on Urethroplasty outcome. Washington Hospital Center Urology Department. 2014. Abstract accepted for oral presentation at Mid-Atlantic Section of the American Urological Association September 18th-21st 2014.
- Harbin AC, Bakios L, Bedell F, Pahira J, Bandi G. PD 32-12 The Effect of Testosterone on Kidney Stone Risk Factors. Georgetown University Hospital Urology Department. 2014. Manuscript accepted for publication in Journal of Urology April 2014.
- Harbin AC, Bedell F, Rojek N, Ghasemian R, Hwang JJ. Cost Comparison among Laparoscopic, Open and Robotic Partial Nephrectomy at a Single Institution. Georgetown University Hospital Urology Department. 2013. Abstract accepted for oral presentation at Mid-Atlantic Section of the American Urological Association October 24-27 2013.
- Harbin AC, Bandi G, Cheng X, Stanford V, McGeagh K, Murdock J, Ghasemian R, Lynch J, Bedell F, Verghese M, Hwang JJ. Does Pure Robotic Partial Nephrectomy Provide Similar Perioperative Outcomes When Compared to the Combined Laparoscopic-Robotic Approach? Washington Hospital Center Urology Department. 2013. Manuscript accepted for publication in Journal of Robotic Surgery.
- Bedell F, Davil S, McArdle P, Shulinder AR. Weight associated reproductive and hormonal trends in the Old Order Amish population with hyperandrogenism. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), Johns Hopkins Hospital Endocrinology Department. 2011. Abstract accepted for oral presentation at NIDDK Medical Student Research Symposium August 2-4 2011.
- Thesis Presentation: The Effects of Environmental Stressors on Health Outcomes via Biological Stress. Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health. 2009.