Idoroenyi Amanam, M.D.
I believe in treating all my patients with compassion and utilizing intellectual curiosity to tailor my treatment approaches.Idoroenyi Amanam, M.D., is a triple-boarded physician with advanced fellowship training utilizing cellular and stem cell therapy to treat malignant conditions. Dr. Amanam obtained his medical degree from Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tennessee. He completed his training at St. Mary-UCLA Internal Medicine Residency, where he was awarded Intern of the Year, Resident of the Year and Chief Resident distinctions. Following residency, Dr. Amanam completed his hematology and oncology training here at City of Hope/UCLA-Harbor combined program, serving as chief fellow. He was then awarded the prestigious City of Hope Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy Fellowship, with a concentration on acute leukemias and myeloproliferative neoplasms.
Basic Life Support Certification
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
California Medical License
Drug Enforcement Agency License
Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine
2015, Certification, Internal Medicine
2019, Certification, Medical Oncology
2019, Certification, Hematology
2019-2020, Fellow and Clinical Instructor, City of Hope, Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, Duarte, CA
2016-2019, Fellow and Chief Fellow, City of Hope/Harbor-UCLA, Hematology/Oncology, Duarte/Los Angeles, CA
2015-2016, Chief Resident and Clinical Instructor, St. Mary-UCLA Internal Medicine Residency, Long Beach/Los Angeles, CA
2012-2015, Resident, St. Mary-UCLA Internal Medicine Residency, Long Beach/Los Angeles, CA
2020-Present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Leukemia, Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011, Doctor of Medicine, Meharry Medical College School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
2019, ASCO Quality Training Program
2018, AACR/ASCO Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop
2017, Clive Davis Research Fellowship Award
2015, Resident of the Year
2015, Conquer Cancer Foundation Resident Travel Award
2014, American College of Physicians
2014, Young Achiever, American College of Physicians
2013, Intern of the Year, Awarded by Department of Medicine with award in Critical Care
2007, Congressional Award, United States Congress, Selected in Category of Voluntary Public Service
2016-present, Member, American Society of Hematology
2014-present, Fellow Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology
2011-present, Associate Member, American College of Physicians
2010-present, Member, Physicians for Peace
2004-present, Member, American Medical Association
- Nafie E, Amanam I, Ghoda L, Glackin C, Marccuci G. Twisting Stemness in AML using Nanoparticles as a Delvery System for SiRNA Targeting Twist. (Pending Submission)
- Amanam I, Mei M, Gupta R, Pullarkat V. Immune mediated thrombocytopenia after Immunotherapy, A single center experience. (Pending Submission)
- Amanam I, Chlebowski, R, Nelson R, Mambetsariev I, Heymach J. Salgia R. Lung Cancer in African-Americans and analysis of estrogen plus progestin use based on ancestry. (Pending Submission)
- Amanam I, Mambetsariev I, Gupta R, Salgia R. Progressive Neurologic Changes in a Patient with Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Cancer Effects or a Secondary Diagnosis? Accepted for publication in JCO Oncology Practice. 2020 March.
- Amanam I, Mambetsariev I, Gupta R, Achuthan S, Wang Y, Pharaon R, Massarelli E, Koczywas M, Reckamp K, Salgia R. Role of immunotherapy and co-mutations on KRAS-mutant non-small cell lung cancer survival. Accepted for publication in Journal of Thoracic Disease. 2020 March.
- Gupta R, Othman T, Uche A, Amanam I, Chen C, Celles L, Lane G, Mei M, Aldoss I, Pullarkat V, Kim P. Characteristics and trends of Adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in a Large, Public Safety-Net Hospital. Clinical Lymphoma Myeloma and Leukemia. 2020 Feb 28.
- Mambetsariev I, Wang Y, Chen C, Nadaf S, Pharaon R, Fricke J, Amanam I, Amini A, Bild A, Chu P, Erhunmwunsee L. Precision medicine and actionable alterations in lung cancer: A single institution experience. PloS one. 2020 Feb 11;15(2):e0228188.
- Krishnan A, Nathwani N, Gupta R, Amanam I*. Multiple Myeloma. Oncology in the Precision Medicine Era. 2020 Jan.
- Afkhami M, Schmolze D, Yost SE, Frankel PH, Dagis A, Amanam I, Telatar M, Nguyen K, Yu KW, Luu T, Pillai R. Mutation and immune profiling of metaplastic breast cancer: Correlation with survival. PloS one. 2019 Nov 6;14(11):e0224726.
- Amanam I, Koczywas M. Novel Therapies for Small Cell Lung Cancer. Targeted Therapies for Lung Cancer. 2019 Jun 26:163. Gupta R, Amanam I, Rahmanuddin S, Mambetsariev I, Wang Y, Huang C, Reckamp K, Vora L, Salgia R. Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase (ALK)-positive Tumors. American journal of clinical oncology. 2019 Apr 1;42(4):337-44.
- Gupta R, Cristea M, Frankel P, Ruel C, Chen C, Wang Y, Amanam I, Koehler S. Randomized trial of oral cyclophosphamide versus oral cyclophosphamide with celecoxib for recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, and primary peritoneal cancer. Cancer treatment and research communications. 2019 Jan 1;21:100155.
- Hill A, Gupta R, Zhao D, Vankina R, Amanam I, Salgia R. Targeted Therapies in Non-small-Cell Lung Cancer. Cancer treatment and research. 2019;178:3.
- Amanam I. Lung Cancer. In: Menopause Practice: A Clinicians Guide. Pepper Pike, OH: The North American Menopause Society; 2019 Sep 25: 224-226.
- Amanam I, Gupta R, Mambetsariev I, Salgia R. The brigatinib experience: a new generation of therapy for ALK-positive non-small-cell lung cancer. Future Oncology. 2018 Feb 16(00).
- Amanam I, Gupta R, Mita A, Scher K, Massarelli E. Perspectives in Head and Neck Medical Oncology. Cancer Treat Res. 2018;174:163-185.
- Sécher T, Guilleminault L, Reckamp K, Amanam I, Plantier L, Heuzé-Vourc’h N. Therapeutic antibodies: A new era in the treatment of respiratory diseases? Pharmacology & therapeutics. 2018 May 4.
- Amanam I, Chung V. Targeted Therapies for Pancreatic Cancer. Cancers. 2018 Jan 29;10(2):36. Gupta R, Amanam I, Chung V. Current and future therapies for advanced pancreatic cancer. Journal of surgical oncology. 2017 Jul 1.
- Chan JK, James SL, Gardner AB, Amanam I, Kapp DS. A Comparative Study of Minimally Invasive Versus Open Hysterectomy for Women With Fibroid Uterus–A Nationwide Study of 65,216 Patients. Journal of minimally invasive gynecology. 2015 Nov 1;22(6):S62