Lefan Zhuang, M.D.
- Transfusion Medicine
The patients are the highlight for me at City of Hope and I want to use my knowledge of transfusion medicine to help them.”
The types of patients at City of Hope and the specialized care the hospital provides is what brought Lefan Zhuang, M.D., to City of Hope.
Dr. Zhuang received her medical degree from University of Illinois at Chicago and continued her training at University of California Irvine where she did residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology. She followed up with a fellowship in Transfusion Medicine at University of California Los Angeles.
At City of Hope Dr. Zhuang will continue doing research on peripheral blood stem cell mobilization and blood donor recruitment.
- 2018-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Transfusion Medicine, Department of Pathology
- 2012, M.D., University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois
- 2005, B.S. Molecular and Cellular Biology, Cum Laude, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
- 2017-2018, Transfusion Medicine/Blood Bank, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- 2013-2017, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Chief Resident, University of California Irvine, Orange, California
- Transfusion Medicine
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Unrestricted Medical License, State of California
Tran, P.N., Zhuang, L., C. I. Nangia, C.I., Mehta, S. "Dramatic Response to Carboplatin, Paclitaxel, and Radiation in a Patient with Malignant Myoepithelioma of the Breast." The Oncologist 21.12 (2016):1492-494.
Stojkovic, B., Torres, E.M., Prouty, A.M., Patel, H.K., Zhuang, L., Koehler, T.M., Ballard, J.D., Blanke, S.R. "High-Throughput, Single-Cell Analysis of Macrophage Interactions with Fluorescently Labeled Bacillus Anthracis Spores." Applied and Environmental Microbiology 74.16 (2008): 5201-210.
Zhuang L., Boriboonnangkul P., Wang S., Yuan S. Addition of Plerixafor in Poorly Mobilized Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Donors. Poster presented at: American Association of Blood Banks Annual Conference; 2018 Oct 13; Boston, MA.
Zhuang L., Hoffman, M., McGonigle, A., Ziman, A., Ward, D. HLA Antibody Positive Donor Return Rate. Poster presented at: American Association of Blood Banks Annual Conference; 2018 Oct 13; Boston, MA.
Yang, A., Nguyen, K., Zhuang, L., Helmy, M., Darwish, O. “A Diagnostic Struggle and Misleading Beginning of Widespread Melanoma.” Poster presented at: American College of Physicians Southern California Chapter; 2014 Oct; Anaheim, CA.
- American Association of Blood Banks
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- College of American Pathologists