Michael W. Lew, M.D.
1990, M.D., Keck School of Medicine of USC, Los Angeles, California
1983-1986, B.S., Biological Sciences, Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
1982-1983, Columbia College, New York, NY
1991-1994, LAC+USC Medical Center, Residency, Department of Anesthesiology, Chief Resident (1993-1994)
1990-1991, LAC+USC Medical Center, Internship, Department of Internal Medicine
2010-present, Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2002-2018, Chairman and Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2002-2010, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, City of Hope
2001-2002, Acting Chair, Department of Anesthesiology, City of Hope
2001-2010, Volunteer Attending, Department of Anesthesiology,University of Southern California School of Medicine
1994-2001, City of Hope National Medical Center Division of Anesthesiology
1994-2000, Clinical Instructor and Volunteer Attending, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology
1998-2000, Staff Anesthesiologist, Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic (Sports Medicine) Department of Anesthesiology
1994, 2004, Staff Anesthesiologist, Queen of the Valley Hospital Department of Anesthesiology
2015, Top Doctor's-Pasadena, CA
2012-2014, Best Doctor-San Gabriel Valley, CA
2008-2009, Best Doctor-San Gabriel Valley, CA
2008, Complementary and Alternative Medicine Grant (City of Hope)
2001-2004, University of Southern California Board of Governors
International Anesthesia Research Society
American Society of Anesthesiologists
California Medical Association
- Lew MW, Chang J. Sugammadex-Is Cost the Only Drawback? International Journal of Anesthetics and Anesthesiology 2020 Vol7 Issue 2.
- Sun V, Kim JY, Raz DJ, Chang W, Erhunmwunsee L, Uranga C, Ireland A, Reckamp K, Tiep B, Hayter J, Lew M, Ferrell B, McCarkle R. Preparing Cancer Patients and Family Caregivers for Lung Surgery: Development of a Multimedia Self-Management Intervention. J Cancer Education, 2018 Jun;33(3):557-563.
- Raytis, J, Behrendt CE, Obenchain R, Loscalzo MJ, Lew MW. Preoperative concern about nausea and vomiting and postoperative use of antiemetics among patients undergoing breast cancer-related surgery. Open Journal of Anesthesiology, 2018, 8, 198-203.
- Lew MW, Gray RJ, Raytis JL. The Implementation of a Preanesthesia Testing Clinic-Our Experience. Journal of Anesthesia Forecast 2018 1(1): 1003.
- Eng OS, Raoff M, O’Leary MP, Lew, MW, Wakabayashi MT, Paz IB Melstrom LG, Lee B. Hypothermia is Associated with Surgical Site Infection in Cytoreductive Surgery with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. Society of Surgical Oncology 71st Annual Cancer Symposium. Mar 2018, Chicago, IL.
- Eng OS, Raoff M, O’Leary MP, Lew MW, Wakabayashi MT, Paz IB, Melstrom LG, Lee B. Hypothermia is Associated with Surgical Site Infection in Cytoreductive Surgery with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. Surgical Infections Aug/Sept 2018
- Zachariah F, Emanuel L, Ito-Hammerling G, Wong-Toh J, Morse D, Klein L, Loscalzo MJ, Garcia N, Buga S, Lew M, Horak D, Banerjee C, Mooney S, Alvarnas JC. The effects of global and targeted advance care planning efforts at a national comprehensive cancer center. Cancer Survivorship Symposium (ASCO).
- Raytis J, Yuh B, Lau C, Fong Y, Lew M. Anesthetic implications of robotically assisted surgery with the Da Vinci Xi surgical robot. OJ Anes 2016,6,115-118.
- Yuh B, Yu X, Raytis J, Lew M, Fong Y, Lau C. Use of a mobile tower-based robot--The initial Xi robot experience in surgical oncology. J Surg Oncol. 2016,115(1),5-7.
- Raytis J, Lew M. Anesthesia for resection of a massive chest wall tumor: a combined complex surgical procedure. Post Graduate Assembly in Anesthesiology annual meeting (New York, NY)
- Leitner A, Chang C, Lew MW. Post-Operative Analgesia for Patient Undergoing Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy Surgery. American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting 10/15
- Leitner A, Chang C, Lew MW. Continuous Paravertebral Infusion for Analgesia in a Patient with Lytic Thoracic Spine Metastasis. American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting 10/15
- Choy C, Raytis J, Neman J, Jandial R and Lew M. Inhibition of β2- Adrenergic Receptor Reduces Triple Negative Breast Cancer Brain Metastases: The Potential Benefit of Perioperative β-Blockade. Submitted for publication Oncology Reports 9/2015
- Audrey H. Choi, MD, Amanda Arrington, MD, Ann Falor, MD, Rebecca A. Nelson, PhD, Michael Lew, MD, Joseph Chao, MD, Byrne Lee, MD, Joseph Kim, MD. Assessment of the Double-Staple Technique for the Esophagoenteric Anastomosis in Gastric Cancer. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. Accepted Nov 2015
- A. Falor, A. Choi, S. Merchant, M. Lew, B. Lee, I. B. Paz, R. Nelson, J. Kim. Outcomes Using Double-Stapled Technique for Esophagoenteric Anastomosis in Gastric Cancer. 10th Annual Academic Surgical Congress to be held February 3-4, 2015 in Las Vegas, NV.