Anna Pawlowska, M.D.
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Pediatric oncology
Anna Pawlowska, M.D., specializes in treating young people with leukemia, the most common cancer in children. She directs our children's Bone Marrow Transplantation Program and has more than two decades' experience in pediatrics.
After earning her medical degree in her native Poland, Dr. Pawlowska practiced pediatrics at The Children's Hospital in Denver, the University of Minnesota and Minneapolis Children's Hospital. She joined us at City of Hope in 2000.
Dr. Pawlowska leads more than a dozen clinical trials aimed at improving care for young people battling cancer. She has also published extensively in peer-reviewed journals.
- 2012 to Present - Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011 to Present - Director, Pediatric Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Program, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2010 to Present - Director, Pediatric Clinical Trials, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2012 to Present - Chair, Data and Safety Monitoring Committee, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011 to Present - Institutional PI for Childrens Oncology Group, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2006 to Present - Auditor, Childrens Oncology Group
- 2009 to 2012 - Associate Clinical Director, Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011 - Interim Chair, Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2000 to 2009 - Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1999 to 2000 - Physician, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Minneapolis Children's Hospital, Minneapolis, MN
- Pediatric Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Program
- 1985 - K. Marcinkowski University School of Medicine, Poznan, Poland, M.D.
- 1995 to 1998 - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplantation Fellow
- 1992 to 1995 - Resident, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children's Hospital, Denver, CO
- 1986 to 1990 - Resident, Dept. of Dermatology, University Medical School, Poznan, Poland
- 1985 to 1986 - Transitional Internship, University Medical Center, Poznan, Poland,
- A Mackiewicz, T Pawlowski, A Pawlowska, K Wiktorowicz, SH Mackiewicz. Microheterogeneity forms of a-1-acid glycoprotein as indicator of rheumatoid arthritis activity. Clin Chim Acta 1987, 163, 185-190
- AB Pawlowska, SM Davies, PJ Orchard, JE Wagner, NKC Ramsay. Unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation for acute leukemia in patients with Down syndrome. Bone Marrow Transplantation 1996, 18, 453-455.
- AB Pawlowska, BR Blazar, E Angelucci, D Baronciani, XO Shu, B Bostrom. Relationship of plasma pharmacokinetics of high dose oral busulfan to the outcome of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in children with thalassemia. Bone Marrow Transplantation 1997, 20, 915-920
- AB Pawlowska, S Hashino, H McKenna, BJ Weigel, PA Taylor, BR Blazar. In vitro tumor-pulsed or in vivo Fit3 ligand-generated dedritic cells provide protection against acute myelogenous leukemia in nontransplanted or syngeneic bone marrow-transplanted mice. Blood 2001, 97, 1474-1482
- AB Pawlowska. Detection of minimal residual disease in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: technology and clinical applications. Wspolczesna Onkologia (Current Oncology) 2005, 9, 178-182
- Rosenthal J, Bolotin E, Shakhnovits M, Pawlowska A, Falk P, Qian D, Oliver C, Sato J, Miser J, Forman S. High-dose therapy with hematopoietic stem cell rescue in patients with poor prognosis Ewing family tumors. Bone Marrow Transplant. 42(5):311-8, 2008.
- J Rosenthal, AB Pawlowska, High dose chemotherapy and stem cell rescue in high-risk Ewing family of tumors (EFT). Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2011 Feb;11(2):251-62.
- J Rosenthal, AE Wollfrey, AB Pawlowska, SH Thomas, F Appelbaum, S Forman. Hematopoietic cell transplantation with autologous cord blood in patients with severe aplastic anemia: An opportunity to revisit the controversy regarding cord blood banking for private use. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011 Mar 2. Doi:10.1002/pbc.22970 [Epub ahead of print].
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- 1998 - The Margaret K Hostetter Award for Research by a Fellow in Pediatric Subspecialty Training
- 1998 - First Place Presentation, University of Minnesota Pediatric Fellows Research Conference
- 1985 - Frederic Schiller Gold Medal For Scientific Achievements, University of Jena, Germany
- 1985 - Karol Marcinkowski Medal for Academic Excellence, University School of Medicine, Poznan, Poland
- 1985 - Polish Society for Immunology Scientific Award