Daniel Schmolze, M.D.
Daniel Schmolze, M.D., is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Pathology.
Dr. Schmolze earned his undergraduate degree from the Rochester Institute of Technology in New York, then went on to receive his medical doctorate from the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester. He continued his postgraduate education at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, where he successfully completed residency in pathology and a fellowship in breast pathology.
Dr. Schmolze has written multiple scholarly abstracts and publications and has developed publically available software. He is an active member of the College of American Pathologists and the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology. Prior to medical school, Dr. Schmolze served as a scientific software engineer at the Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine.
- 2011, Medical Degree, UMass Medical School, Worcester, MA
- 2015-2016, Breast Pathology Fellowship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- 2011- 2015, Pathology Resident (AP/CP), Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Tao, Y. K., Shen, D., Sheikine, Y., Ahsen, O. O., Wang, H. H., Schmolze, D. B., … Fujimoto, J. G. (2014). Assessment of breast pathologies using nonlinear microscopy. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. doi:10.1073/pnas.1416955111
- Schmolze, D.B, Clinical Pathology Improvement Program – Parvovirus Infection and Transient Aplastic Crisis. cap.org, 1 May 2014. Web. August 2014.
- Schmolze, D.B., Awtrey, C. S., & Hecht, J. L. (2013). Value of Additional Level Sections in the Evaluation of Lymph Nodes for Endometrial Carcinoma Staging. American Journal of Clinical Pathology, 140(4), 516–518. doi:10.1309/AJCPVQVBBRPT4IHD
- Fitzmaurice, M, Eschbacher, J.M, Fischer, A.H., Kaufman, J.H., Schmolze, D. B, Shevchuk, M.M., Tearney, G.J., Virmani, R., eds. CAP Pathology Resource Guide: In Vivo Microscopy. Version 4.0(1). Northfield, IL: College of American Pathologists; 2013.
- Reschke, M., Clohessy, J. G., Seitzer, N., Goldstein, D. P., Breitkopf, S. B., Schmolze, D. B., … Pandolfi, P. P. (2013). Characterization and Analysis of the Composition and Dynamics of the Mammalian Riboproteome. Cell Reports, 4(6), 1276–1287. doi:10.1016/j.celrep.2013.08.014
- Schmolze, D. B., Standley, C., Fogarty, K. E., & Fischer, A. H. (2011). Advances in microscopy techniques. Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, 135(2), 255–263. doi:10.1043/1543-2165-135.2.255