Ali Zhumkhawala, M.D.
- Urologic Oncology
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
In 2013, Ali Zhumkhawala, M.D., came to City of Hope and completed a fellowship in urologic oncology, as well as the clinical investigator training program. Prior to that he completed a general surgery internship and urology residency at Kaiser Permanente in Los Angeles.
Dr. Zhumkhawala earned his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Los Angeles, graduating magna cum laude, and received his medical doctorate from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago.
Dr. Zhumkhawala is active in basic science, translational and clinical research, with ongoing projects evaluating intraoperative fluorescent imaging, as well as the use of neural stem cells in combating bladder and prostate cancer.
He has clinical interests in diagnosis and treatment of prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancer.
- 2015 - present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Urology and Urologic Oncology, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, CA
- Urologic Cancers
- 2003-2007, M.D., Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- 1998-2002, B.S. Marine Biology with a Specialization in Computing, Magna Cum Laude, University of California Los Angeles
- 2014-2015, Clinical Investigator Training Program, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2013-2015, Fellow in Urologic Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2008-2013, Urology Resident, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Los Angeles,CA
- 2007-2008, General Surgery Intern, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- 2009-Present, Medical Board of California
- 2009-Present, Drug Enforcement Agency
- American Medical Association
- American Urological Association