Sasan Fazeli, M.D.
There is no greater way to help people than to restore them to good health.
2019, Board Certification in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
2017, Board Certification in Internal Medicine
2000, M.D., Doctor of Medicine with Honors in Research, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
2019-2020, Oncologic Endocrinology Fellowship, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
2017-2019, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship, George Washington University Hospital, Washington, DC
2016-2017, Chief Resident, George Washington University, Providence Hospital, Washington, DC
2014-2017, Internal Medicine Residency, George Washington University, Providence Hospital, Washington, DC
2000-2001, Emergency Medicine Residency, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
2020-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2017-2019, Teaching Attending Physician, Providence Hospital, Division of Internal Medicine, Washington, DC
2013-2014, Internal Medicine Research Assistant, Providence Hospital, Washington, DC
2008-2014, Surgical Assistant, Germantown Outpatient Ambulatory Surgery Center, Germantown, MD
2004-2008, Clinical Research Assistant, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
2002-2004, Emergency Department Medical Director and Attending Physician, Motahhari Hospital, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
2002-2004, Emergency Medicine Attending Physician, Ordibehesht Specialty Hospital, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
2002-2004, Family Medicine Physician and Clinical Director, Banihashemi Specialty Clinic, Shiraz, Iran
2000-2002, Family Medicine Physician, Private Family Medicine Practice, Ahvaz, Iran
2019, The Endocrine Society 2020 Early Career Forum Award
2019, Annual Research Competition Award, The George Washington University
2019, Teaching Attending Excellence Award, Department of Internal Medicine, Providence Hospital
2019, The Endocrine Society 2019 Travel Grant Award
2017, Leadership Excellence Award, Internal medicine Residency
2017, Chief Resident Excellence Award, Internal Medicine Residency
2017, American College of Physician Regional Second-Best Poster Award
2015, 2016, 2017, Journal Club Best Presentations Award, Internal Medicine Residency
2015, American College of Physician Regional Best Poster Award
2000, Jorjani Festival Research Presentation Award, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
2000, Honor Student Award, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
2020-current, American Society of Clinical Oncology
2017-current, Endocrine Society Member
2017-current, American Diabetes Association Member
2016-current, American Thyroid Association Member
2016-current, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Member
2014-current, American College of Physicians Member
2014-2019, Department of Internal Medicine Education Committee Member, Providence Hospital
2014-2019, Department of Internal Medicine Research Team Board Member, Providence Hospital
2014-2019, Institutional Review Board Member, Providence Hospital
2015-2017, Inpatient Quality and Safety Board Member, Providence Hospital
2014-2017, Stroke Awareness and Education Team Member, Providence Hospital
- Jimenez C, Fazeli S, Roman-Gonzalez A. Antiangiogenic therapies for pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma. Endocrine-Related Cancer. 2020 May; 10.1530/ERC-20-0043.
- Fazeli S, Dadu R, Waguespack SG, MD, Sherman SI, MD, Busaidy NL, Hu MI, Jimenez C, Habra MA, Williams M, Altameemi L, Poropatich K, Routbort MJ, Luthra R, Patel KP, Cabanillas M. TRK-Fusion Thyroid Cancer: A Clinical Overview in a Large Population at a Single Cancer Center. Journal of the Endocrine Society, Volume 4, Issue Supplement_1, April-May 2020.
- Fazeli S, Paal E, Maxwell JH, Burman KD, Nylen ES, Khosla SG. Salutary response to targeted therapy in anaplastic thyroid cancer. J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep. 2019 Jan-Dec; 7:2324709619890942.
- Ehrhardt N, Fazeli S, Rao S, Amdur R. Use of Metformin, Premixed Insulin and Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Receptor Agonist as a Therapeutic Approach for Uncontrolled Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Diabetes Spectrum. 2020 Mar; ds190025.
- Bordon JM, Fernandez-Botran R, Wiemken TL, Peyrani P, Uriarte SM, Arnold FW3, Rodriquez-Hernandez L, Rane MJ, Fazeli S, Mathur A, Rahmani M, Ayesu K, Ramirez J. Bacteremic pneumococcal pneumonia: clinical outcomes and preliminary results of inflammatory response. Infection. 2015 Dec;43(6):729-38.